Old 29-03-2019, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pampas Grass -

replying to dyork, mahalie wrote:
I found this because the pampas grass in my yard in Seattle is making a ton of
popcorn noise right now. It's a sunny day and I trimmed it last week. I don't
see any bugs. The big grass mound is so tightly bound with plant material I
wonder if it's drying in the sun and making noise? Not sure, but crazy sound!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...ass-66980-.htm

Old 23-04-2019, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

replying to mahalie, Nancy Hessler wrote:
I read this thread because I also heard the same crackling sounds coming from
ornamental grasses and thought it may be a normal response to bright sunlight.
I was appalled, however, at the trouncing the original poster got for merely
asking about ridding her plants of pests. Anyone who claims to know anything
on this subject of popping noises in ornamental grasses, ESPECIALLY an
Arborist (a botanist would be more knowledgeable), would research prior to
commenting rudely. Yes, the nioses in the grasses is normal. It is a response
to certain weather conditions and is centered primaily in the body of the
plant near the base, which is why pests were suspected...but the sound also
can emit from the length of the individual dried stalks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...ass-66980-.htm

[IMG] code is On

Is pampas grass possible in NE facing garden? Louise United Kingdom 2 07-03-2003 07:49 AM
Pampas grass what do we do with it? code_wrong United Kingdom 6 04-03-2003 10:36 PM
Can Pampas Grass cuttings be put in compost? [email protected] United Kingdom 1 03-03-2003 09:10 AM
Pampas Grass Michael United Kingdom 2 29-11-2002 11:53 PM
Pampas Grass Barry Watts United Kingdom 3 08-11-2002 12:27 PM