GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First tomato (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/162152-first-tomato.html)

Cheryl Isaak 25-07-2007 06:06 PM

First tomato

Today in sunny NH - a little yellow plum of unknown name (lost tag, thought
I'd gotten two reds and a green) but a quick bite of pure sunshine.

Seahag 26-07-2007 02:47 AM

First tomato

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
Today in sunny NH - a little yellow plum of unknown name
(lost tag, thought
I'd gotten two reds and a green) but a quick bite of pure
sunshine.

Congratulations! I picked my first Brandywine tomatoes
today too. Some of the seeds were black and kinda weird
looking. I cut around them and had a taste anyway:) Any
ideas what's up with the seeds?

Seahag

Johnny Borborigmi 26-07-2007 02:56 AM

First tomato

On 2007-07-25 13:06:55 -0400, Cheryl Isaak said:

Today in sunny NH - a little yellow plum of unknown name (lost tag, thought
I'd gotten two reds and a green) but a quick bite of pure sunshine.

I got a few grape tomatos, YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl Isaak 26-07-2007 01:02 PM

First tomato

On 7/25/07 9:47 PM, in article J2Tpi.4208$b04.2511@trndny06, "Seahag"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
Today in sunny NH - a little yellow plum of unknown name
(lost tag, thought
I'd gotten two reds and a green) but a quick bite of pure
sunshine.

Congratulations! I picked my first Brandywine tomatoes
today too. Some of the seeds were black and kinda weird
looking. I cut around them and had a taste anyway:) Any
ideas what's up with the seeds?

Seahag

I usually just discard the seeds and enjoy! I wonder if SunnyCrest is open
for tomatoes yet.