GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery Plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/162216-mystery-plant.html)

ntantiques 26-07-2007 08:39 AM

Mystery Plant

Have been lurking here for ages and have picked up lots of helpful
info - am hoping one of you will be able to help me identify a
delightful mystery plant that bloomed in my garden this week. I've
run it by a few gardening friends & googled myself silly, with no luck
at all.
It popped up in a well established perennial bed we lucked into when
we bought our home in central Oregon. The blooms are knockouts,
approx 2 1/2" across, on 12" stems. The blooms last only one day,
which may be why I missed them last year. Would love to know what it
is & have posted several photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonbearpair/

Thanks,
Nancy T

Stewart Robert Hinsley 26-07-2007 09:41 AM

Mystery Plant

In message .com,
ntantiques writes
Have been lurking here for ages and have picked up lots of helpful
info - am hoping one of you will be able to help me identify a
delightful mystery plant that bloomed in my garden this week. I've
run it by a few gardening friends & googled myself silly, with no luck
at all.
It popped up in a well established perennial bed we lucked into when
we bought our home in central Oregon. The blooms are knockouts,
approx 2 1/2" across, on 12" stems. The blooms last only one day,
which may be why I missed them last year. Would love to know what it
is & have posted several photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonbearpair/

Thanks,
Nancy T

Try Tigridia pavonia.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

ntantiques 26-07-2007 06:25 PM

Mystery Plant

On Jul 26, 1:41?am, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

Try Tigridia pavonia.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley- Hide quoted text -

Thank you so much! You can't imagine how many iris & lilies I've
investigated in the last few days trying to put a name to this lovely
treasure. Am betting that our home's previous owner ordered the corms
from a catalogue. It's certainly not a common plant in my area and I
could have spent years trying to pin it down without your help.

Thanks again,
Nancy T