Old 27-07-2007, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mak Mak is offline

Default Chipper / Shredders

Hello all,

Well, Fall is coming and I want to be sure I wont get caught in
between huge mountain of leaves in my yard. I have about 1 acre of
land here in Arkansas with about maybe 10 to 15 trees on the back of
this land. I'm thinking of buying a chipper shredder (I'm outdoors fan
so I will have no problem chipping and shredding as long as that yard
is looking organized and clean. I've been researching, doing the
homework and I found out the following chippers, the PATRIOT CSV
3060 , the YARDBEAST 1020RX , and some in ebay, used, such as TROY
BILT AND BEARCAT 70080. Well the thing is, should I buy New or Used?
and what brand should I pick? I like the Yardbeast and Bearcat in
particular because of the nice colors, but I've heard a lot of good
things of the others one as well. Please help!.

Old 27-07-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Mak expounded:

Hello all,

Well, Fall is coming and I want to be sure I wont get caught in
between huge mountain of leaves in my yard. I have about 1 acre of
land here in Arkansas with about maybe 10 to 15 trees on the back of
this land. I'm thinking of buying a chipper shredder (I'm outdoors fan
so I will have no problem chipping and shredding as long as that yard
is looking organized and clean. I've been researching, doing the
homework and I found out the following chippers, the PATRIOT CSV
3060 , the YARDBEAST 1020RX , and some in ebay, used, such as TROY
BILT AND BEARCAT 70080. Well the thing is, should I buy New or Used?
and what brand should I pick? I like the Yardbeast and Bearcat in
particular because of the nice colors, but I've heard a lot of good
things of the others one as well. Please help!.

Buying a chipper/shredder based on what color you like best? O-kay.

Personally I'd go with a machine that emphasized shredding, but also
chipped, such as this
http://mackissic.com/consumer/cscons..._consumer1.htm
.. I'm hoping to get one of these next spring.

I do wish I'd bought a Kemp back when they were around.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 27-07-2007, 03:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 26, 7:35 pm, Mak wrote:
Hello all,

Well, Fall is coming and I want to be sure I wont get caught in
between huge mountain of leaves in my yard. I have about 1 acre of
land here in Arkansas with about maybe 10 to 15 trees on the back of
this land. I'm thinking of buying a chipper shredder (I'm outdoors fan
so I will have no problem chipping and shredding as long as that yard
is looking organized and clean. I've been researching, doing the
homework and I found out the following chippers, the PATRIOT CSV
3060 , the YARDBEAST 1020RX , and some in ebay, used, such as TROY
BILT AND BEARCAT 70080. Well the thing is, should I buy New or Used?
and what brand should I pick? I like the Yardbeast and Bearcat in
particular because of the nice colors, but I've heard a lot of good
things of the others one as well. Please help!.

The mackissics hold up well
Downside to any is yoy gotta pick the leaves up
Of course you could just mow the leaves.

Old 31-07-2007, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:17:17 -0700, beecrofter wrote:
On Jul 26, 7:35 pm, Mak wrote:
and what brand should I pick? I like the Yardbeast and Bearcat in
particular because of the nice colors, but I've heard a lot of good

LOL

Downside to any is yoy gotta pick the leaves up
Of course you could just mow the leaves.

If primarily leaves and twigs with some larger stuff, I'd recommend one
that looks much like and is used like a push mower. It sucks up the
leaves and twigs, chews them up and bags the output. Much easier than
picking up all that stuff yourself and stuffing it into the chute, etc.

Of course if you are talking about significant branches, etc. then you
might want something intended to do significant chipping. I recommend
something that will handle a 4" branch. Anything that big is firewood,
but if the machine will handle it then you have a workable margin for
the 2" and smaller stuff that you'll want to chip.

sdb

--
What's seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com