Old 13-08-2007, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

In article LtMvi.1123$Gz4.695@trndny05, "Joe" wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
No Don Staples, we are very different from you.
1. We understand trees
2. We define our terms

Don Staples you claim to be a forester. Please define what you mean by a
forest.

Most foresters have taken at least a dozen courses in forestry, after taken
many courses in biology, along with the other countless required college
courses. I have about 20 college texts on forestry, trees, wildlife biology
and mgt., arboriculture, soils science, geology, etc., etc.- that tops your
3 day courses.

I conclude that you or whoever started this thread by cross posting should
stop the cross posting.

Even if you were a highly educated and trained arborist- arborist issues
don't belong in alt.forestry. Perhaps, you could start a new group called
alt.arborist. Don and myself and a few others started this newsgroup a
decade ago- it wasn't that difficult- so you could do it too then keep your
discussions there where they belong.

Joe

Gladly, but I am posting in rec.gardens. We rarely deal with forests.
Mostly just trees. Your buddy Don could have easily brought this thread
to an end, a long time ago by entering into a civil discussion instead
of just showing attitude.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 13-08-2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

"symplastless" wrote in message
Training with out education makes robots.
Education without training makes?

Training without education makes robots. Education without training makes
waste. Both are needed; training and education.

100 Tree Myths Shigo page 8

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 13-08-2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

I meant to ask, as a close associate of Dr. Shigo, were you in the
secretarial pool, do the floors, or clean up around the office? It would
fit right in with Keslick being a biologist. Perhaps you should stay in
zone 6a and raise your flowers..

"Ann" wrote in message
news
"D. Staples" expounded:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

Other than riding the coat tails of the good doctor, what have you
done?
He has offered advice to posters in this news group stubby. Do you
propose to take his place? Could you take his place? What would give us
confidence that you could? What gives your criticism validity in a
medium where any phallionist can claim anything? Until you can answer
that, go intercourse yourself, anal sphincter.

**** off, crotch rot, your in over your head.

For all you're education you have a tenuous grasp of proper grammar
and the use of contractions.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Old 13-08-2007, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Ah, but Joe, he apparently speaks directly to God.

"Joe" wrote in message news:%CMvi.3380$r14.2933@trndny06...
Who cares what the Bible says about forests and trees? Maybe you do, but I
don't.

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Joe

Where did Ezekiel get his degree to talk about a
"FORESTS"??????????????????
[Ezekiel 39:10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither
cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with
fi and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that
robbed them, saith the Lord GOD. ]

Man's first responsibility was to care for the garden, (Genesis 2-15).

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Where are your pages?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Joe" wrote in message news:giKvi.3371$r14.2381@trndny06...
John, have you or have not taken COLLEGE LEVEL COURSES on biology,
trees? Any college level courses in natural resource departments?

If you've taken several short courses (a few days each) on arborist
subjects- and you have a lot of experience doing practical arborist
work- that's real nice- but, in most parts of the country- you need a
college degree plus experience to practice the arborist profession- at
least a 2 year degree in most states.

You can learn some good stuff in a few days- but calling yourself a TREE
BIOLOGIST is overdoing it. A biologist is usually someone with at least
a masters degree in biology from an accredited university.

If you stick to your actual credentials, and stop exaggerating your
knowledge and ability- perhaps Don Staples will get off your back,
otherwise he won't.

Joe

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
What arborist societies are you a member of, Keslick? ISA?

I am a member of The Allegheny Defense Project.
http://www.alleghenydefense.org/

I find their (young people) cause to be just and honest.
I do not care for the way people try to misguide the younger generation
out of the ignorance of tree biology.
That is why I ask you to define yourself. Are you a biostitute Don
Staples?

Old 13-08-2007, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

No, I define my self by defending real science from wannabe assholes like
you and your like. If you want to be a tree trimmer, have at it. Stay out
of the science, your lost.

"symplastless" wrote in message
"D. Staples" wrote in message

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

Other than riding the coat tails of the good doctor, what have you
done?
He has offered advice to posters in this news group stubby. Do you
propose to take his place? Could you take his place? What would give us
confidence that you could? What gives your criticism validity in a
medium where any phallionist can claim anything? Until you can answer
that, go intercourse yourself, anal sphincter.

**** off, crotch rot, your in over your head.

Is this how you define yourself Don Staples?

Old 13-08-2007, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

My, aren't you a sophisticated, arrogant, little prick. Probably an
insufferable bore, or boar, at the dinner table, as well.

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

Other than riding the coat tails of the good doctor, what have you
done?
He has offered advice to posters in this news group stubby. Do you
propose to take his place? Could you take his place? What would give us
confidence that you could? What gives your criticism validity in a
medium where any phallionist can claim anything? Until you can answer
that, go intercourse yourself, anal sphincter.

**** off, crotch rot, your in over your head.

Dim-witted and vulgar, an egregious combination which reveals a
depauperate consciousness. Poor thing. It was generous of you to
embroider your communication with a pair of bi-syllabic words. Wouldn't
you be more comfortable if you just grunted? Be sure to let us know when
you're capable of joining the adults.

Old 13-08-2007, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Don Staples
What are you? Please define yourself. I never said I was a biologist. I
said I was a tree biologist. A person who studied tree biology by a
professor with a world renown understanding of trees and their associates.

Besides trying to get people to cut wood out of the once fertile forest by
making claims of false forest health what do you do?

Define yourself, or just leave.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"D. Staples" wrote in message
I meant to ask, as a close associate of Dr. Shigo, were you in the
secretarial pool, do the floors, or clean up around the office? It would
fit right in with Keslick being a biologist. Perhaps you should stay in
zone 6a and raise your flowers..

"Ann" wrote in message
news
"D. Staples" expounded:

Old 13-08-2007, 03:08 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Don Staples

Do you understand trees? Please explain.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"D. Staples" wrote in message
My, aren't you a sophisticated, arrogant, little prick. Probably an
insufferable bore, or boar, at the dinner table, as well.

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

Old 13-08-2007, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, an angry rag head, as well. You could have brought this thread to an
end by stopping the crossposting, but no, you join the fray, so, have it,
crotch rot. Civil discussion has failed in the past with "the tree
biologist", and will with his invites, as well. So, as I said, **** off,
crotch rot.

Old 13-08-2007, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

I am. What about you Don Staples.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 13-08-2007, 03:11 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Define a forest Don Staples.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 13-08-2007, 03:20 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

You say you are a tree biologist. Here is your definition of Tree Biology.

Tree Biology is the science that brings together anatomy, physiology,
genetics, evolution, ecology, and all other disciplines that focus on the
life of a tree as a system and how death brings healthier life.

So, Tell us, Tree Biologist, where you studied anatomy, physiology,
genetics, evolution, ecology, dendrology, silvaculture, oh, wait, you
didn't.

Do not trust a "tree biologist" who has never studied biology.

Old 13-08-2007, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Just leave? Not on you simple life, Keslick, this is alt.forestry, and you
cross posted to it, I would suggest you take your own advice.

"D. Staples" wrote in message
I meant to ask, as a close associate of Dr. Shigo, were you in the
secretarial pool, do the floors, or clean up around the office? It would
fit right in with Keslick being a biologist. Perhaps you should stay in
zone 6a and raise your flowers..

"Ann" wrote in message
news
"D. Staples" expounded:

Old 13-08-2007, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

symplastless wrote:
"symplastless" wrote in message
Training with out education makes robots.
Education without training makes?

Training without education makes robots. Education without training makes
waste. Both are needed; training and education.

100 Tree Myths Shigo page 8

Billy Rose, symplastless - this sounds like a cult.

You respond like spoiled 8 year olds. If you've actually gotten paid for
this and you think this thread is helping your career, you must live in
bum****, egypt and have a lot of truly ignorant clients. You do know
what the Usenet is, right? Anybody who can punch up Google can read
your inane and callow retorts. And you think they won't research you? Ha!

You whine about Don's or Joe's credentials but show no scientific rigor
in your own statements. They don't have to show a resume- they were here
when this group started and before that on bionet agroforestry. We
started these groups. You repeat yourself constantly- perhaps you're
brain damaged. You seem to have derived your knowledge, if that's what
you call it, directly from divine inspiration- Ezekiel, eh? More likely
plagiarism from the good Dr.s publications. Stop cross posting to alt.
forestry and I promise- I won't cross post to alt.great lakes or
rec.gardens. This is a professional and social group where working
Foresters can blow off steam, compare issues and talk about problems.
You've been getting a pretty polite treatment so far.