GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Should I cut the eop off? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/162817-should-i-cut-eop-off.html)

kayla 08-08-2007 07:20 PM

Should I cut the eop off?

I have a Sutherland Gold Elder shrub that I planted last year as a
young shrub. This year it has not branched out but gone straight up
over 6 feet tall. Should I cut the top off to make it branch out at
the sides?

Lori

told2b 09-08-2007 06:07 AM

Should I cut the eop off?

On Aug 8, 2:20?pm, kayla afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote:
I have a Sutherland Gold Elder shrub that I planted last year as a
young shrub. This year it has not branched out but gone straight up
over 6 feet tall. Should I cut the top off to make it branch out at
the sides?

Lori

Yes, you can crop it but do it at the beginning of the season, not
now.
In my zone 6 that would be around May.

kayla 10-08-2007 03:43 AM

Should I cut the eop off?

Thanks. I'm zone 5 so the answer is still the same. I was hoping to
clip it now but I thought I should check first.