GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clivia - 2nd flowering (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/163167-clivia-2nd-flowering.html)

Bellarho 17-08-2007 10:26 AM

Clivia - 2nd flowering

I have a clivia, about 4 years old, which has always flowered early in the year, but is now throwing up a 2nd flower stalk and it is close to breaking open. Does anyone know why this has happened? Or is it just because it appears to have been a rather extraordinary year for plants as a whole? Any advice/ideas accepted? I am going on holiday next week and will be putting it outside while away - to fend for itself and have its own holiday, along with all my other houseplants.