GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Neptune's Harvest (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/163176-neptunes-harvest.html)

AlanG 17-08-2007 07:33 PM

Neptune's Harvest

Has anyone here used this line of fertilizers? Sounds great on
paper...organic, fish, seaweed, etc.....but with a 2-3-1 or 2-4-1 analysis
is it strong enough to improve the yield of tomatoes, cukes, peppers?

Ann 17-08-2007 08:28 PM

Neptune's Harvest

"AlanG" expounded:

Has anyone here used this line of fertilizers? Sounds great on
paper...organic, fish, seaweed, etc.....but with a 2-3-1 or 2-4-1 analysis
is it strong enough to improve the yield of tomatoes, cukes, peppers?

I've used it, it works well. I mainly use it on seedlings and young
plants.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Jim Kingdon 17-08-2007 08:50 PM

Neptune's Harvest

Has anyone here used this line of fertilizers? Sounds great on
paper...organic, fish, seaweed, etc.....but with a 2-3-1 or 2-4-1 analysis
is it strong enough to improve the yield of tomatoes, cukes, peppers?

Most organic fertilizers will have that analysis or lower.

In some cases that might mean you need to be applying more of them
(that's especially true for something like composted leaves). Which
is not a problem if you think in terms of adding to the organic matter
in the soil, as well as just hydroponic-style infusion of nutrients.

In other cases, maybe you don't really need lots of fertilizer. Other
organic practices are all about keeping as much fertility in the soil
as you can, rather than constantly needing to replenish it.

Cheryl Isaak 17-08-2007 09:35 PM

Neptune's Harvest

On 8/17/07 2:33 PM, in article ,
"AlanG" wrote:

Has anyone here used this line of fertilizers? Sounds great on
paper...organic, fish, seaweed, etc.....but with a 2-3-1 or 2-4-1 analysis
is it strong enough to improve the yield of tomatoes, cukes, peppers?

Love them - not pure boost but really enriches the soil and the plants.

Jan Flora 18-08-2007 04:17 AM

Neptune's Harvest

In article ,
"AlanG" wrote:

Has anyone here used this line of fertilizers? Sounds great on
paper...organic, fish, seaweed, etc.....but with a 2-3-1 or 2-4-1 analysis
is it strong enough to improve the yield of tomatoes, cukes, peppers?

It's good stuff. Anything with the seaweed component is especially good.

Jan

Cliff & Sue Drake 19-08-2007 05:58 AM

Neptune's Harvest

I've used it in the past, and been happy with the results. Since my veggie
yields were always so variable due to the weather, if the plants produced at
all, I was happy! I've even used it on houseplants, and it does the job --
though it's a tad stinky for indoors. HTH!

--
Happy trails....

Sue Drake
Beautiful Butte County, CA