GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orange colored is what? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/163183-orange-colored-what.html)

JMJ 17-08-2007 11:21 PM

Orange colored is what?

Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered with
a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it could be.

Paul Cassel 18-08-2007 12:04 AM

Orange colored is what?

JMJ wrote:
Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered with
a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it could be.

rust

JoeSpareBedroom 18-08-2007 01:52 AM

Orange colored is what?

"JMJ" wrote in message
Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered
with a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it
could be.

Anthrax mixed with Tang.

Val 18-08-2007 04:54 PM

Orange colored is what?

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"JMJ" wrote in message
Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered
with a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it
could be.

Anthrax mixed with Tang.

snickers

Joe rocks!...........*snort, guffaw*

Val

Manelli Family[_3_] 19-08-2007 02:18 AM

Orange colored is what?

"JMJ" wrote in message
Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered
with a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it
could be.

Some kind of pollen?

[email protected] 20-08-2007 08:24 AM

Orange colored is what?

On Aug 17, 4:21 pm, "JMJ" wrote:
Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered with
a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it could be.

We had the same thing happen here.a few years back. It turned out to
be the cones on the evergreens were exploding. I can't remember if it
was the fir or spruce. The orange dust appeared after 911 and
freaked alot of people out. Our pine trees did the same thing this
year only it was yellow dust. Very cool to watch it as the trees went
off one after the other.

JMJ 20-08-2007 11:59 AM

Orange colored is what?

Thanks for the info of your experience.The orange color dust showed up on
the porch weeks before it appeared on the lawn.The blades of grass are now
this color completely all the way through.Will the lawn recover from this on
it's own?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Pennyaline 21-08-2007 02:08 PM

Orange colored is what?

JMJ wrote:
Thanks for the info of your experience.The orange color dust showed up on
the porch weeks before it appeared on the lawn.The blades of grass are now
this color completely all the way through.Will the lawn recover from this on
it's own?

"All the way through"? You mean, as in cross-section? Or do you mean
they're completely covered top to bottom and all the way around?

Yes, the grass will probably recover. If nothing else is dying, the
grass very likely wont die either.

the interesting thing is when it turned up on the porch...