Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-08-2007, 11:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Is my Bougainvillea dead?

Hi everyone, I've searched around on the internet for some information
on this, but I finally decided to just ask this group my question. I
went away for a week and had some friends watering my container
plants. One of them is a bougainvillea in a hanging basket. Well,
everything else went really well, except that they didn't see it
hanging up on the porch and it went without water for ~3 days before
they noticed it all dried out. I live in Tucson, AZ so this is a very
bad thing. The leaves are now dried up and the few blooms on it have
turned to tissue paper. I cut those off, and a little bit of one of
the stems to see what it looked like on the inside. It looks like it
might still be a little bit light green, but very hard to tell.

My main questions a
1) Is it dead/a lost cause?
2) If not, can I save it?
3) how?

I'd appreciate any info/tips you guys have very much! :-)

[IMG] code is On

Bougainvillea dead? Boothbay Gardening 1 05-05-2006 03:40 PM
(TUB GRINDING) grind up all the dead brush and dead trees look J.G alt.forestry 0 17-08-2003 03:02 PM
(TUB GRINDING) grind up all the dead brush and dead trees look at J.G alt.forestry 0 10-08-2003 10:03 AM
Matilda is dead too [Was: Dead Dolly] Phred sci.agriculture 1 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
Matilda is dead too [Was: Dead Dolly] Phred sci.agriculture 1 15-02-2003 03:34 PM