GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wanted to sell some of my gardening books and rose books (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/164094-wanted-sell-some-my-gardening-books-rose-books.html)

blackdog 28-08-2007 04:15 AM

wanted to sell some of my gardening books and rose books

I just checked for rules for posting on this group. I couldn't find
any. I have a number of gardening books and magazines to sell. Many on
growing roses. Do people ever sell items on this site or is it
prohibited? I'd like to know either way. And if it is ok to sell, can
they pay me through paypal? Would I have to list on ebay and let the
people on this group know of my ebay listing. Anyway I wanted to check
prior to listing. Thanks Blackdog.

FragileWarrior 28-08-2007 12:09 PM

wanted to sell some of my gardening books and rose books

blackdog wrote in news:1188270925.353143.173860
@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I just checked for rules for posting on this group. I couldn't find
any. I have a number of gardening books and magazines to sell. Many on
growing roses. Do people ever sell items on this site or is it
prohibited? I'd like to know either way. And if it is ok to sell, can
they pay me through paypal? Would I have to list on ebay and let the
people on this group know of my ebay listing. Anyway I wanted to check
prior to listing. Thanks Blackdog.

Try listing them on Half.com or Amazon.com. First, though, check the
lowest price they can currently be bought for through www.fetchbook.info
by plugging in their ISBN and searching. You may find what you think is
valuable book selling for mere pennies* since the entire world is now
selling used books. If they have no resale value, the local library will
usually accept them as a donation.

Magazines are harder yet. If you have entire years of a valuable mag,
you might try eBay but it better be a really hot mag or it might not be
worth it. Anything over a few years old might be entirely outdated by
now but someone who is more up to snuff on roses will have to weigh in on
that.

*yes, you can buy used books on Amazon.com for a penny. I could never
figure out why anyone would bother to go through all that trouble for one
cent.