GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF (LAST WEEK) Asparagus, the sequel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/164201-photo-last-week-asparagus-sequel.html)

Jack Schmidling[_1_] 30-08-2007 05:40 PM

PHOTO OF (LAST WEEK) Asparagus, the sequel

Lots of folks asked what an asparagus patch looks like after cutting
stops and it has a chance to grow.

I posted the picture last week but forgot announce it.

It can be found at http://schmidling.com/new.htm

js

Omelet 30-08-2007 05:48 PM

PHOTO OF (LAST WEEK) Asparagus, the sequel

In article ,
Jack Schmidling wrote:

Lots of folks asked what an asparagus patch looks like after cutting
stops and it has a chance to grow.

I posted the picture last week but forgot announce it.

It can be found at http://schmidling.com/new.htm

js

Looks familiar. :-)
I call them asparagus ferning.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Ginny 31-08-2007 01:06 AM

Jack Schmidling wrote:
Lots of folks asked what an asparagus patch looks like after cutting
stops and it has a chance to grow.

I posted the picture last week but forgot announce it.

It can be found at http://schmidling.com/new.htm

js

So how many plants for a family of 4?

--
Ginny - in West Australia

Plan ahead ... It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark. -- Unknown

David Hare-Scott 31-08-2007 06:51 AM

"Ginny" wrote in message
Jack Schmidling wrote:
Lots of folks asked what an asparagus patch looks like after cutting
stops and it has a chance to grow.

I posted the picture last week but forgot announce it.

It can be found at http://schmidling.com/new.htm

js

So how many plants for a family of 4?

--

Depends on your level of passion, in the season you need to cut every few
days and eat it then. I have about 16 for two of us and it may not be enough

David

loonyhiker 31-08-2007 02:37 PM

PHOTO OF (LAST WEEK) Asparagus, the sequel

I loved looking at all of your photos!

Becca[_3_] 02-09-2007 02:12 AM

Jack Schmidling wrote:
Lots of folks asked what an asparagus patch looks like after cutting
stops and it has a chance to grow.

I posted the picture last week but forgot announce it.

It can be found at http://schmidling.com/new.htm

js

Enjoyed the photos. Tell that frog, to save me some of those catfish!g

Becca