GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Lawn How? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/164233-new-lawn-how.html)

Jack Allen 31-08-2007 07:15 PM

New Lawn How?

I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and time
should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the old (how),
installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can think of. Can
someone with experience please advise me. Thanks.

Sheldon[_1_] 31-08-2007 07:36 PM

New Lawn How?

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and time
should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the old (how),
installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can think of. Can
someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.
Next the sprinkler system is installed.
Finally the new lawn is applied, sod or seeded.

Unless you possess more dollars than brain cells I strongly urge a
seeded lawn.

That you asked says you know less than nothing about this lawn topic.
I would even more strongly suggest you hire a landscaper that
specializes in installing automatic irrigation systems and lawns.

FragileWarrior 31-08-2007 09:26 PM

New Lawn How?

Sheldon wrote in news:1188585406.579798.105320
@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and time
should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the old (how),
installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can think of. Can
someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best weekend
to start a new lawn.

Bob F 01-09-2007 02:42 AM

New Lawn How?

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and time
should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the old (how),
installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can think of. Can
someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best weekend
to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

Bob

Sheldon[_1_] 01-09-2007 03:16 AM

New Lawn How?

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and time
should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the old (how),
installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can think of. Can
someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best weekend
to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

No, but in Noo Joisey it is.

FragileWarrior 01-09-2007 01:19 PM

New Lawn How?

Sheldon wrote in
ps.com:

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order
and time should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid
of the old (how), installing a sprinkler system or any thing else
you can think of. Can someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best
weekend to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

No, but in Noo Joisey it is.

Also New York to Indiana and all spots in-between.

FragileWarrior 01-09-2007 01:20 PM

New Lawn How?

"Bob F" wrote in
:

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and
time should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the
old (how), installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can
think of. Can someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best
weekend to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

Bob

Yes, everywhere in the world, some outlying planets and the three closest
galaxies to the right.

raeannsimpson 01-09-2007 01:32 PM

New Lawn How?

On Sep 1, 8:20 am, FragileWarrior
wrote:
"Bob F" wrote m:

.. .

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and
time should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the
old (how), installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can
think of. Can someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best
weekend to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

Bob

Yes, everywhere in the world, some outlying planets and the three closest
galaxies to the right.- Hide quoted text -

snicker

Sheldon[_1_] 01-09-2007 01:40 PM

New Lawn How?

On Sep 1, 8:19?am, FragileWarrior
wrote:
Sheldon wrote oups.com:

. ..

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order
and time should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid
of the old (how), installing a sprinkler system or any thing else
you can think of. Can someone with experience please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best
weekend to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

No, but in Noo Joisey it is.

Also New York to Indiana and all spots in-between.

Actually the OP *indicated* he's in Noo Joisey... see Jack Allen's 2nd
post.

FragileWarrior 01-09-2007 02:16 PM

New Lawn How?

Sheldon wrote in
oups.com:

On Sep 1, 8:19?am, FragileWarrior
wrote:
Sheldon wrote
oups.com:

On Aug 31, 9:42?pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"FragileWarrior" wrote in
message

. ..

"Jack Allen" wrote:
I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what
order and time should I do the various requirements, i.e.
getting rid of the old (how), installing a sprinkler system or
any thing else you can think of. Can someone with experience
please advise me.

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area.

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE
best weekend to start a new lawn.

Really? Everywhere in the world?

No, but in Noo Joisey it is.

Also New York to Indiana and all spots in-between.

Actually the OP *indicated* he's in Noo Joisey... see Jack Allen's 2nd
post.

Just fillin' in the gaps. :)