GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID plant please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/164414-id-plant-please.html)

DK1000 04-09-2007 05:19 PM

ID plant please

Hi,

This plant is actually at my brother's house here near Cleveland, Ohio. He
thought this may be a melon of some type at first, as he's also growing
cantaloupes (started from seed early June), but now he doesn't think so on
this one. Here's 2 pics taken September 3, 2007. Thanks much.

http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant2.jpg

enigma 04-09-2007 07:51 PM

ID plant please

"DK1000" wrote in
:

Hi,

This plant is actually at my brother's house here near
Cleveland, Ohio. He thought this may be a melon of some
type at first, as he's also growing cantaloupes (started
from seed early June), but now he doesn't think so on this
one. Here's 2 pics taken September 3, 2007. Thanks much.

http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant2.jpg

a melon? first, it's not a vine & second, the flowers (when
it had flowers. those are seed pods) looked nothing like a
melon. they probably resembled either hibiscus or
powderpuffs... i'd say a mallow of some type.
lee

nonews 04-09-2007 11:34 PM

ID plant please

Click on this

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...10%26h l%3Den

or this

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Jim Kingdon 05-09-2007 01:07 AM

ID plant please

http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant2.jpg

Click on this [snipped]

In case anyone else found those snipped URLs a bit hard to deal with,
they were of Velvetleaf:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abutilon_theophrasti

That would indeed seem to match the photos.

DK1000 06-09-2007 02:55 PM

ID plant please

"DK1000" wrote in message
Hi,

This plant is actually at my brother's house here near Cleveland, Ohio. He
thought this may be a melon of some type at first, as he's also growing
cantaloupes (started from seed early June), but now he doesn't think so on
this one. Here's 2 pics taken September 3, 2007. Thanks much.

http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant2.jpg

Thanks much everyone! I'll pass this info on to my brother.