GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What Flower is this this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/164508-what-flower.html)

blacklight 07-09-2007 01:14 AM

What Flower is this this?

Hi People, can someone please tell me the name of this flower? I have
uploaded it on my site www.rent-a-cloud.com under 'Greencards' It's at
the beginning, yellow and named 'Wildflower' Visitors to my site ask
me for identification. I would be grateful for your help. I found this
flower on bushes north of Sydney, Australia. I do not know if it is an
Australian native. (My site is NOT commercial. It is my hobby for
videoclips and greeting cards of nature, free for personal use).
Thanks for your help - Klaus

McGerm 08-09-2007 03:41 AM

What Flower is this this?

It looks like a broom so it might be an escaped ornamental. Probably
not scotch broom since the leaves don't match; it may be one of the
160 species of other brooms (Genisteae) . It could also be something
like a flame pea or bush pea and a native to Australia.

blacklight 12-09-2007 02:17 AM

What Flower is this this?

On Sep 8, 12:41 pm, McGerm wrote:
It looks like a broom so it might be an escaped ornamental. Probably
not scotch broom since the leaves don't match; it may be one of the
160 species of other brooms (Genisteae) . It could also be something
like a flame pea or bush pea and a native to Australia.

Thanks for replying. Someone from the botannical garden has tracked it
down to be Aotus genistoides, pea family.
I am grateful for your help - Klaus