Old 13-09-2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default A hint to those posting here for the first time

I have noticed this is happening a lot as people are wanting
to plant for Fall: no hint of poster's location in the world or
in the US is being given.
For some topics, such as fertilizers or starting seeds, it is
easy to give an answer to anyone, where ever they may be.

But although we are ALL Superior Gardeners here, there is
no way we can give specific plant names without knowing
where these plants will be growing. The best we can do is
give a long list of plants, some of which are going to be
entirely unsuitable for the area in question. So PLEASE
give us an idea of where you live if you want an educated/
specific list of plants for your planting area.

What is evergreen in So Calif. may not be so in Nor Calif
and may not even grow in Ohio.!

Thank you and Happy Gardening
Emilie

Old 13-09-2007, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/12/2007 6:31 PM, mleblanca wrote:
I have noticed this is happening a lot as people are wanting
to plant for Fall: no hint of poster's location in the world or
in the US is being given.
For some topics, such as fertilizers or starting seeds, it is
easy to give an answer to anyone, where ever they may be.

But although we are ALL Superior Gardeners here, there is
no way we can give specific plant names without knowing
where these plants will be growing. The best we can do is
give a long list of plants, some of which are going to be
entirely unsuitable for the area in question. So PLEASE
give us an idea of where you live if you want an educated/
specific list of plants for your planting area.

What is evergreen in So Calif. may not be so in Nor Calif
and may not even grow in Ohio.!

Thank you and Happy Gardening
Emilie

You don't have to go to the extent of my signature (below). But you
should indicate not only the general area but also the geography. There
are many different climates within 100 miles of my home, from mountain
to desert to subtropical.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 13-09-2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 12, 10:01?pm, "David E. Ross" wrote:
[...]

Geography more generally refers to political demarcation.
The word you want is "biome".

Old 13-09-2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
This information pertains to wherever in the USA you are.

But, what about problems with moonflowers? Browallia? Does that information
pertain to these plants? What about caladium?

Old 13-09-2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:08:27 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
This information pertains to wherever in the USA you are.

But, what about problems with moonflowers? Browallia? Does that information
pertain to these plants? What about caladium?

Those problems may be Case Sensitive as well.

Old 13-09-2007, 06:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
m...
This information pertains to wherever in the USA you are.

But, what about problems with moonflowers? Browallia? Does that
information
pertain to these plants? What about caladium?

Those problems may be Case Sensitive as well.

they Might well Be. one never Knows.

Old 13-09-2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless said:

This information pertains

[spamsnip]

No it doesn't. It has absolutely *nothing* to do with the OP. Nothing. It
only has to do with your own little, feeble mind, thinking that you're
actually *something*, when in reality you're just another fscking spammer.
You backup nothing that you post about, except with your own website, which
is of no authority whatsoever.

You haven't a cloo how to format a post to The USENET, and you've proved
time and time again that you know nothing about gardening, forestry, etc.

You're related to Stubby, aren't you.

--

Eggs

-Half the people you know are below average.
Old 14-09-2007, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

"mleblanca" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have noticed this is happening a lot as people are wanting
to plant for Fall: no hint of poster's location in the world or
in the US is being given.
For some topics, such as fertilizers or starting seeds, it is
easy to give an answer to anyone, where ever they may be.

But although we are ALL Superior Gardeners here, there is
no way we can give specific plant names without knowing
where these plants will be growing. The best we can do is
give a long list of plants, some of which are going to be
entirely unsuitable for the area in question. So PLEASE
give us an idea of where you live if you want an educated/
specific list of plants for your planting area.

What is evergreen in So Calif. may not be so in Nor Calif
and may not even grow in Ohio.!

Thank you and Happy Gardening
Emilie

Except for the Juniper ashe trees and except for couple of weeks in spring,
the live oaks, nothing else can be considered "evergreen" in my area. All
remaining foliage goes dormant.
Dave

Old 15-09-2007, 11:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

This information pertains to wherever in the USA you are.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Sincerely,