GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Red Maple (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/164842-red-maple.html)

Phisherman[_1_] 14-09-2007 07:40 PM

Red Maple

My city prohibits planting red maple and Formosa trees. Why? I'm in
east TN.

Sheldon[_1_] 14-09-2007 11:54 PM

Red Maple

On Sep 14, 2:40?pm, Phisherman wrote:
My city prohibits planting red maple and Formosa trees. Why? I'm in
east TN.

Wouldn't it make more sense to ask at your towl hall? And I'm
thinking you mean a mimosa tree.

symplastless 16-09-2007 11:08 PM

Red Maple

I do not have that answer. If you tell men city I will contact them and
respectfully ask them why.

Maybe people plant the red maples too deep and the woody roots come straight
up and crack side walks as a result of planting too deep. . Just a wild
guess. http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Sincerely,