GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dog Pooh Shrub (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/164888-dog-pooh-shrub.html)

xxjulietxx 15-09-2007 09:28 PM

Dog Pooh Shrub

Visited my dad today who recently moved into a new house. He said that he had had to remove a shrub from the garden that smelt of dog pooh. At first thought there was some dog pooh in the shrub but couldn't find anything. Later he passed a house down the road with same shrub and it smelt the same. Don't have any details as to what it looked like or anything. Searched Google when I got in out of interest, thought it would be easy to find, but couldn't find anything except someone mentioning that they had a shrub that smelt like dog s**t!

Does anyone know what it was?

Cheryl Isaak 16-09-2007 05:33 PM

Dog Pooh Shrub

On 9/15/07 4:28 PM, in article ,
"xxjulietxx" wrote:

Visited my dad today who recently moved into a new house. He said that
he had had to remove a shrub from the garden that smelt of dog pooh. At
first thought there was some dog pooh in the shrub but couldn't find
anything. Later he passed a house down the road with same shrub and it
smelt the same. Don't have any details as to what it looked like or
anything. Searched Google when I got in out of interest, thought it
would be easy to find, but couldn't find anything except someone
mentioning that they had a shrub that smelt like dog s**t!

Does anyone know what it was?

Carolina allspice - I know a few people that think it smells like pooh.