GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   An oak... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/165249-oak.html)

McGerm 23-09-2007 03:40 PM

An oak...

I ran across an interesting oak on the net when searching for
variegated trees: Quercus rubra 'Vana' I did all the searches I could
think of to find a US source. Any suggestions for a possible source?
The only reference with a picture online was in a book using Google
search.

McGerm 25-09-2007 01:33 AM

An oak...

Maybe if I show where I saw it?

http://books.google.com/books?id=sue...249&dq=quercus
+robur+variegated&sig=RyJcGzygxtGsR9bZdZnWQ5ugF3w# PPA249,M1

That is what got my interest.

enigma 25-09-2007 01:57 AM

An oak...

McGerm wrote in
oups.com:

Maybe if I show where I saw it?

http://books.google.com/books?id=sue...&pg=PA249&dq=q
uercus
+robur+variegated&sig=RyJcGzygxtGsR9bZdZnWQ5ugF3w# PPA249,M1

That is what got my interest.

but that doesn't show the one you mentioned.
anyway, i actually was intrigued by the idea of a varigated
oak, so i have been poking around Google trying different
keywords. so far i've come up with a place in Ohio called Hoot
Owl Hollow that has a couple varigated oaks, but not the one
you mentioned.
http://www.hootowlhollow.com/index.html
and the page with the oaks (near the bottom: quercus)
http://www.hootowlhollow.com/catalog/trees.html

hopefully the URLs won't wrap...
lee

No Name 03-10-2007 02:26 PM

An oak...

I found this supplier that delivers to your door.
http://porkyfarm.com/red_oak.asp

very pretty tree,good luck.

oups.com...