Old 25-09-2007, 08:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT No mention of gardens but....

My friend Don sent me this.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO..........

After Mr.and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her
husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately,
Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred
to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was
like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local Walmart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton:

Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a
commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and may be
forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against
Mr. Fenton are listed below and are documented by our video
surveillance cameras.

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's
carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5 minute
intervals.

3. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice,
"Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away."

4. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's
on layaway.

5. September 14: Moved a "CAUTION - WET FLOOR" sign to a carpeted area.

6. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other
shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets
from the bedding department.

7. September 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began
crying and screamed, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

8. October 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a
mirror
while he picked his nose.

9. November 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked
the clerk where the anti- depressants were.

10. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly
hummingthe
"Mission Impossible" theme.

11. December 6: In the auto department, he practiced his "Madonna look"
by using different sizes of funnels.

12. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed
through, yelled "PICK ME! PICK ME!"

13. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he
assumed a fetal position and screamed "OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!"

And last, but not least ...

14. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while,
then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!"

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 25-09-2007, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

"William Wagner" wrote in message
My friend Don sent me this.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO..........

After Mr.and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her
husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately,
Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred
to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was
like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local Walmart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able to
read the note.

Old 25-09-2007, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/25/07 4:08 PM, in article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message
My friend Don sent me this.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO..........

After Mr.and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her
husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately,
Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred
to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was
like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local Walmart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able to
read the note.

Ah, WalMart, the place were I had to explain to my DD about why some one
would have the phrase "white trash" tattooed on her arm for the world to
read....

Old 25-09-2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message
My friend Don sent me this.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO..........

After Mr.and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her
husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately,
Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred
to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was
like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local Walmart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able to
read the note.

What a mean spirited SOB.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 25-09-2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message
My friend Don sent me this.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO..........

After Mr.and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her
husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately,
Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred
to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was
like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local
Walmart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able to
read the note.

What a mean spirited SOB.

Bill

Tell me something, Bill: If you buy a box of cereal for $3.00 at WM, and a
friend points out that the same exact box of cereal costs $2.69 at the
grocery store all the time, without a sale going on, what would you say?

Let's extend this: If your local newspaper took a big shopping list to WM
and two grocery stores, and found that both grocery stores were
significantly cheaper than WM for the exact same list of items, what would
be your reaction to that?

Old 25-09-2007, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:08:39 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message
My friend Don sent me this.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO..........

After Mr.and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her
husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately,
Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred
to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was
like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local
Walmart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able to
read the note.

Do you wear a necktie?

No. Why?

Old 25-09-2007, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

[...]

be your reaction to that?- Hide quoted text -

Sorry Joe, gotta disagree with you here....Locally 8 times outta 10,
Wally world is cheaper than the Food Lion & Piggly Wiggly
prices...unless Food Lion has something on the MVP buy. Well, it's
cheaper for the regular things on my shopping list, except for meats.
Especially for the generic items. I can buy a box of Great Value Honey
Nut Spins cereal for $1.87 whereas the same size box of Honey Nut
Cheerios at the grocery stores cost $2.69. Diapers, cake mix (for when
I cheat instead of making from scratch), can goods, sugars & flours,
milk, most frozen goods, breads, baby foods, household supplies, junk
foods, etc are all cheaper there. Another example: I can get Bre's
diapers at wally world (parents choice) 40 for $5.74 whereas food lion
brand diapers are $7 and some change for 40.

Now remember, that just here & using my shopping list... The things on
my regular list that I don't buy at walmart: son's training pants (get
them at food lion), baby's laundry detergent, & meats. Occasionally
the fresh veggies are cheaper at food lion, but only when on sale...

Old 25-09-2007, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

ups.com...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

[...]

Right. Not in all markets. Here, they are almost never cheaper, and
certainly not for a long list of ***GROCERY*** items.

And yet, I know a half dozen people who buy all their groceries at WM, and
when shown that they're spending more, will say things ranging from "Whuh?"
to "Whatever, but it's still cheaper".

But it isn't. Their evidence is rather odd: It's the big yellow signs which
tell them it's cheaper.

Old 25-09-2007, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

Tell me something, Bill: If you buy a box of cereal for $3.00 at WM, and a
friend points out that the same exact box of cereal costs $2.69 at the
grocery store all the time, without a sale going on, what would you say?

If that were true, I'd buy it at the grocery store. In our case one
kind we buy is cheaper at Market Basket, the other at Walmart. So we
buy it where it's cheapest.

Let's extend this: If your local newspaper took a big shopping list to WM
and two grocery stores, and found that both grocery stores were
significantly cheaper than WM for the exact same list of items, what would
be your reaction to that?

Duh.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 25-09-2007, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Ann" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

Tell me something, Bill: If you buy a box of cereal for $3.00 at WM, and a
friend points out that the same exact box of cereal costs $2.69 at the
grocery store all the time, without a sale going on, what would you say?

If that were true, I'd buy it at the grocery store. In our case one
kind we buy is cheaper at Market Basket, the other at Walmart. So we
buy it where it's cheapest.

Let's extend this: If your local newspaper took a big shopping list to WM
and two grocery stores, and found that both grocery stores were
significantly cheaper than WM for the exact same list of items, what would
be your reaction to that?

Duh.

Yes. Duh. And yet here, people continue to shop there, even when the local
paper does these sample shops which prove that WM is more expensive.
Amazing.

Not the same everywhere (established in another thread), and we're talking
ONLY about groceries for the moment.

Old 26-09-2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 25, 4:40 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Ann" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

Tell me something, Bill: If you buy a box of cereal for $3.00 at WM, and a
friend points out that the same exact box of cereal costs $2.69 at the
grocery store all the time, without a sale going on, what would you say?

If that were true, I'd buy it at the grocery store. In our case one
kind we buy is cheaper at Market Basket, the other at Walmart. So we
buy it where it's cheapest.

Let's extend this: If your local newspaper took a big shopping list to WM
and two grocery stores, and found that both grocery stores were
significantly cheaper than WM for the exact same list of items, what would
be your reaction to that?

Duh.

Yes. Duh. And yet here, people continue to shop there, even when the local
paper does these sample shops which prove that WM is more expensive.

How does the paper compare WM's generics to the other stores?

cheers

oz

Old 26-09-2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

oups.com...
"Ann" wrote in message

[...]

I haven't seen them do that. But in this particular market, the results
would probably be the same as for name brand products. The reasons go
deep....

Old 26-09-2007, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:43:08 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
. ..
wrote:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able to
read the note.

Do you wear a necktie?

No. Why?

I assumed you didn't.

OK. Now, I'm supposed to ask why you assumed that.

Old 26-09-2007, 02:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in message
news
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:15:29 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:43:08 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
m...
wrote:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able
read the note.

Do you wear a necktie?

No. Why?

I assumed you didn't.

OK. Now, I'm supposed to ask why you assumed that.

Duh......yeah!

OK. Why did you assume I don't wear a necktie (except to weddings and
funerals)?

Old 26-09-2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:40:13 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
news
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:15:29 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

m...
wrote:
news:ibsif31tb4trkcc8vpn35qiflabl9fmul8@4ax. com...
wrote:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be
able
read the note.

Do you wear a necktie?

No. Why?

I assumed you didn't.

OK. Now, I'm supposed to ask why you assumed that.

Duh......yeah!

OK. Why did you assume I don't wear a necktie (except to weddings and
funerals)?

Certainly, but first, another question, please?

WTF was that bit last weekend Charlie Carolan and then my finding
the info on this website? Sometimes I don't understand the gaming.
Inquiring minds want to know.

http://whois.domaintools.com/stockcommando.com

Just a small indulgence, por favor. My answer is dependant upon your
response.

That information is supplied strictly on a need to know basis. You don't.