GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   can anyone id these? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/165383-can-anyone-id-these.html)

Greerish 26-09-2007 06:23 PM

can anyone id these?

I recently started collecting Aeoniums. I had the names for all of them with descriptions but i cant find this.
so any help please?

There all labeled as species I think one of them is urbicum?

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/14182644@N04/

sf 27-09-2007 07:36 AM

can anyone id these?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:23:17 +0100, Greerish
wrote:

I recently started collecting Aeoniums. I had the names for all of them
with descriptions but i cant find this.
so any help please?

There all labeled as species I think one of them is urbicum?

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/14182644@N04/

Please use a direct link in the future.... nothing with brackets in
front.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

Greerish 27-09-2007 09:47 AM

Please use a direct link in the future.... nothing with brackets in
front.
sorry bout that

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14182644@N04/

any better?

Jim Kingdon 28-09-2007 01:38 AM

can anyone id these?

I recently started collecting Aeoniums. I had the names for all of them
with descriptions but i cant find this.
so any help please?
There all labeled as species I think one of them is urbicum?
. . . http://www.flickr.com/photos/14182644@N04/

I'm not completely sure I understand the question, but there is a
species called Aeonium urbicum (a species name starts with the genus,
which will always be "Aeonium" in this case, and continues with a
"specific epithet" which here is urbicum).

As for whether that is the photo you labelled as "urbicum", I don't
know if there are enough other Aeonium growers here to say. I'd give
it a "maybe" just based on googling for other photos of Aeonium
urbicum and eyeballing it:

http://www.cactuscenter.com/aeonium3.html
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55105/

(plenty more searching for Aeonium urbicum at
http://images.google.com/ or pick your favorite).