GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fall planting of clematis? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/165822-fall-planting-clematis.html)

BD 14-10-2007 03:53 AM

fall planting of clematis?

I just bought a half price snow queen clematis in a pot. The woman at the
nursery told me that I could plant it now (I live in Zone 5, Pittsburgh, Pa)
and that it would die back and bloom again in the spring.
I'm thinking that I should bring it inside and plant it in the spring. Any
suggestions? I'm not seeing to much info on fall planting in my climate
doing a google search.

JoeSpareBedroom 14-10-2007 04:18 AM

fall planting of clematis?

"BD" wrote in message news:owfQi.552$H92.57@trnddc07...
I just bought a half price snow queen clematis in a pot. The woman at the
nursery told me that I could plant it now (I live in Zone 5, Pittsburgh,
Pa) and that it would die back and bloom again in the spring.
I'm thinking that I should bring it inside and plant it in the spring.
Any suggestions? I'm not seeing to much info on fall planting in my
climate doing a google search.

Never mind the zones that MIGHT be mentioned in this article. The guidelines
are close enough for you to follow.
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1247.html