Old 31-10-2007, 03:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Trimming houseplants

"kayla" afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote in message
But speaking of forthysia...I do have one but it never blooms much. I
may get the odd single bloom here and there but that's it.

Do you trim the forsythia bush(es)? We had a row of them in
Colorado and I was told that the flowers bloom on last season's
growth. If you trim them late in the summer or in the fall, then
there won't be blooms next spring. If you are going to trim them,
you should do it right after one season's bloom drop off.

Having said that, there appear to be other factors too, since my
forsythias did not bloom as well as others in the same town.

Jerry