GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RAISED BEDS (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/165891-raised-beds.html)

japus 17-10-2007 03:17 AM

RAISED BEDS

I just finished restructuring my garden of 30 years..made 4 raised beds 4'
X 10' X12"...my wife will be planting some flowers in the spring on one of
the beds, I will used the remainder for my veggies...I have had great
results with container gardneing and like that style of growing.
Recent years havent been kind to me probably because a black walnut is close
by..(which will be down this fall) deer are a problem even living in town,
need to put up a fence of some type they are all over my garlic bed
now...just wondering if anyone has any comments, advice, etc...

Dwayne 18-10-2007 01:43 AM

RAISED BEDS

Cant promise anything, but I was told once that human hair in the garden
will keep deer away. Never tried it because I never had the problem. Go to
a barber shop and pick up several days worth, put it in a plastic bags with
ventilation holes, weight them down with rocks inside with the hair, tie
them shut and lay them around your garden area. Then after a year, please
let us know how it worked.

Dwayne