Old 26-10-2007, 01:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plastic raised bed borders

Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone
Old 26-10-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Persephone wrote in message
news
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

Without seeing what they look like, my first suggestion would be to head to
a lumber yard or big box store, and buy synthetic deck planks, and make your
own. What did the GS product come with? Metal brackets for the corners?

Old 28-10-2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

Persephone wrote:
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

Garden Supply still carries them:

http://www.gardeners.com/Raised-Beds...RaisedBeds.cat

or

http://tinyurl.com/yoq2os
Old 28-10-2007, 07:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:46:47 -0600, Pennyaline
wrote:

Persephone wrote:
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

Garden Supply still carries them:

http://www.gardeners.com/Raised-Beds...RaisedBeds.cat

or

http://tinyurl.com/yoq2os

Thanks, but I went to that Web site before posting. The URL you offer
carries the corners and connectors, but when I clicked on "composite
lumber", it said they no longer carry that item.

Anybody have another source?

TIA

Persephone
Old 28-10-2007, 07:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 03:18:21 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Persephone wrote in message
news
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

Without seeing what they look like, my first suggestion would be to head to
a lumber yard or big box store, and buy synthetic deck planks, and make your
own. What did the GS product come with? Metal brackets for the corners?

They offered corners on their Web site, but I didn't buy them. I just
ordered the "wood". It came with several metal stakes, and I bought
more stakes as needed.

Your suggestion is worth a look. I recently had side steps done with
plastic wood, but it was a brand name from a catalog. When ordering I
noticed HD had their own. Not pretty enuff for steps, but maybe for
veg garden? Thanks!

Persephone

Old 28-10-2007, 02:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Persephone wrote in
:

Thanks, but I went to that Web site before posting. The
URL you offer carries the corners and connectors, but when
I clicked on "composite lumber", it said they no longer
carry that item.

Anybody have another source?

have you checked a local big box hardware place like Home
Depot or Lowe's? if they don't have it they should be able to
get it. one brand name for the composite lumber is Trex.
or try these folks:
http://www.epsplasticlumber.com

i don't know anything about them personally though.
lee
Old 28-10-2007, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:01:50 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

Persephone wrote in
m:

Thanks, but I went to that Web site before posting. The
URL you offer carries the corners and connectors, but when
I clicked on "composite lumber", it said they no longer
carry that item.

Anybody have another source?

have you checked a local big box hardware place like Home
Depot or Lowe's? if they don't have it they should be able to
get it. one brand name for the composite lumber is Trex.
or try these folks:
http://www.epsplasticlumber.com

'Preciate it - I did visit that site in the course of Ask-ing
"plastic composite lumber.

i don't know anything about them personally though.
lee

Trex is what the contractor used for my side
steps on rail. Has to be ordered. As I noted in another
reply, I think it's too pricey for "mere" garden borders,
but will check HD's own less elegant version.

Thanks for help.
Old 29-10-2007, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Persephone wrote:
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

Garden Supply still carries them:

http://www.gardeners.com/Raised-Beds...RaisedBeds.cat

or

http://tinyurl.com/yoq2os

Thanks, but I went to that Web site before posting. The URL you offer
carries the corners and connectors, but when I clicked on "composite
lumber", it said they no longer carry that item.

Anybody have another source?

TIA

You inquired about "plastic raised bed borders" and Garden Supply. The
site I linked you to has plastic and wood frames for raised beds, as
well as corners and connectors. They don't have "composite lumber,"
which you may have meant but didn't state. Please don't shoot the
messenger, especially the one who directs you to what you've asked for.
Old 29-10-2007, 05:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Persephone wrote:
[...]

"Shoot"???!!!

I thanked you and answered you politely.

My reading of the site was that they no longer carry the (plastic)
(composite lumber) which I had earlier ordered from them. They DO
carry complete kits for raised beds, which is not what I am looking
for.

I took the trouble to re-locate the below URL -- a long one, which I
shortened via TinyUrl -- so if you read carefully, you will see that
they state they no longer carry the item.

http://tinyurl.com/3xplk4

This did not serve my purpose, as I already knew they no longer carry
the item, but perhaps it will calm your ire.

Persephone

Old 29-10-2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/25/2007 4:37 PM, Persephone wrote:
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

I'm having some landscaping done. It includes decomposed granite
walkways framed with some kind of composition boards. The boards came
wide enough to frame a raised bed, but the landscaper sawed them
lengthwise to frame my walkways.

As soon as I see the landscaper, I'll ask him what the boards are called
and where he got them. Be patient.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Old 29-10-2007, 07:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/29/2007 9:45 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/25/2007 4:37 PM, Persephone wrote:
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

I'm having some landscaping done. It includes decomposed granite
walkways framed with some kind of composition boards. The boards came
wide enough to frame a raised bed, but the landscaper sawed them
lengthwise to frame my walkways.

As soon as I see the landscaper, I'll ask him what the boards are called
and where he got them. Be patient.

It's called Hardie Siding. But my landscaper says that it's not sturdy
enough to frame a raised bed. It's okay as a header with the decomposed
granite on one side and lawn or beds on the other. But with just air on
one side, no amount of staking will support it.

Sorry.

Have you considered Hunter Board? It's a cement board. It comes in
large rectangles that can be sawed. I use a Hunter Board for the roof
on my tortoise's house.

Old 29-10-2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

"David E. Ross" wrote in
:

Have you considered Hunter Board? It's a cement board. It
comes in large rectangles that can be sawed. I use a
Hunter Board for the roof on my tortoise's house.

oh... tortoises. are you one of the folks with Pyxis archnoides?
lee
Old 29-10-2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Persephone wrote:
I wrote:
You inquired about "plastic raised bed borders" and Garden Supply. The
site I linked you to has plastic and wood frames for raised beds, as
well as corners and connectors. They don't have "composite lumber,"
which you may have meant but didn't state. Please don't shoot the
messenger, especially the one who directs you to what you've asked for.

"Shoot"???!!!

I thanked you and answered you politely.

You're right. You did. Forgive my prickly response. Hormones, or something.

My reading of the site was that they no longer carry the (plastic)
(composite lumber) which I had earlier ordered from them. They DO
carry complete kits for raised beds, which is not what I am looking
for.

I took the trouble to re-locate the below URL -- a long one, which I
shortened via TinyUrl -- so if you read carefully, you will see that
they state they no longer carry the item.

http://tinyurl.com/3xplk4

This did not serve my purpose, as I already knew they no longer carry
the item, but perhaps it will calm your ire.

Since you hadn't specified what you wanted "plastic raised bed borders"
for at that time, how was I to know that you *didn't* want "plastic
raised bed borders" rather than composite lumber for a different purpose?
Old 29-10-2007, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Pennyaline wrote:

Persephone wrote:
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

Garden Supply still carries them:

http://www.gardeners.com/Raised-Beds...etableGardenin
g_RaisedBeds.cat

or

http://tinyurl.com/yoq2os

LOWES sells white solid vinyl boards.
It's what I used for my raised beds.

Enjoy Life ........ Dan

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.
Old 29-10-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/29/2007 10:45 AM, enigma wrote:
"David E. Ross" wrote in
:

Have you considered Hunter Board? It's a cement board. It
comes in large rectangles that can be sawed. I use a
Hunter Board for the roof on my tortoise's house.

oh... tortoises. are you one of the folks with Pyxis archnoides?
lee

Cleopatra (an ancient beauty) is a California desert tortoise (Gopherus
agassizii), registered with the California Department of Fish and Game.
Because they are endangered, it's illegal to possess unregistered
tortoises. I hope to have Cleo's Web page finished soon.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

[IMG] code is On

Raised bed borders Sixtie7 Gardening 1 08-05-2015 12:50 AM
GÃœRTAN PLASTIC - PLASTIC CRATES,PALLETS and ALL TYPE OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 05-06-2007 09:11 AM
Tomatoes - to plastic or not to plastic? Jenn Edible Gardening 1 14-11-2003 03:02 AM
Tomatoes - to plastic or not to plastic? Jenn Edible Gardening 0 14-11-2003 03:02 AM
plastic over raised bed Peggy Gardening 8 28-03-2003 04:44 PM