GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Leadplant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/167788-photo-week-leadplant.html)

Jack Schmidling[_1_] 06-12-2007 02:21 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Leadplant

The Leadplant is a conspicuous but not common representative of upland
prairies.

The name derives from the supposed lead or gray color of the leaves
caused by the fine hairs that cover them. All of the ones that I have
seen are just a pale shade of green.

js

Cheryl Isaak 06-12-2007 11:26 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Leadplant

On 12/5/07 9:21 PM, in article , "Jack
Schmidling" wrote:

The Leadplant is a conspicuous but not common representative of upland
prairies.

The name derives from the supposed lead or gray color of the leaves
caused by the fine hairs that cover them. All of the ones that I have
seen are just a pale shade of green.

js

What a lovely little plant

Thank you