GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   microclima (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/167898-microclima.html)

bardos 11-12-2007 09:21 AM

microclima

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew where to obtain this horticultural film which is sometimes called " microclima". It's a material which you cover plants with which lets in light and rain but protects from birds etc. thx.

JoeSpareBedroom 11-12-2007 03:49 PM

microclima

"bardos" wrote in message

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew where to obtain this horticultural
film which is sometimes called " microclima". It's a material which you
cover plants with which lets in light and rain but protects from birds
etc. thx.

Sounds like just another brand name for a generic idea called floating row
covers. They've been around for years. Do a google search for "garden
floating row cover" and you'll find plenty of sources, like this one:

http://www.planetnatural.com/site/fl...row-cover.html

bardos 11-12-2007 10:02 PM

the problem i am having is that the material i bought many years ago called "microclima" from italy is a woven heavy duty material. the bonded spun row covers i am seeing on the internet are the type of material i invested in last year and is so lightweight it rips and tears easily. it is non-woven. thx.

JoeSpareBedroom 12-12-2007 03:27 AM

microclima

"bardos" wrote in message

JoeSpareBedroom;764496 Wrote:
...-

http://tinyurl.com/29jy2c

the problem i am having is that the material i bought many years ago
called "microclima" from italy is a woven heavy duty material. the
bonded spun row covers i am seeing on the internet are the type of
material i invested in last year and is so lightweight it rips and
tears easily. it is non-woven. thx.
bardos

I made covers a few years ago using window screen attached to arch-shaped
fence wire tunnels. Very durable, and it never rips.