GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What does your garden look like now? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/167980-what-does-your-garden-look-like-now.html)

Ann 23-12-2007 09:15 PM

What does your garden look like now?

Jangchub expounded:

I would imagine the knees would have to be different based simply on
the size of a woman's structure. No matter what size the woman is,
I don't think their skeleton is as large as that of a man.

It's not just size, it's the position of our femur in our pelvis, it's
a different angle than a man's, that's why we have so much trouble
with our ACL's. The structural differences are subtle.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Cheryl Isaak 23-12-2007 10:16 PM

What does your garden look like now?

On 12/23/07 10:44 AM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:33:33 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

(...)

One or both knees. I think the time to do my left knee is rapidly
approaching.

Well, hopefully the left knee is reacting to the overcompensation of
the right leg. For now, I will just get the right knee done and see
if the left leg calms down.

Did you do your right knee? If so, what was the "complete" recover
period? I know I'm in for some major pain for several months of
therapy.

Actually, it is the left knee. Congenitally, I have very little cartilage
under the knee caps and I put a hole in it young. The possibility of
replacement has been around for about 25 years - I've just done my exercises
and worn proper footwear. I'll make an appointment when winter is over to
investigate it.

Cheryl Isaak 24-12-2007 12:34 PM

What does your garden look like now?

On 12/23/07 7:29 PM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:16:50 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 12/23/07 10:44 AM, in article
,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:33:33 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

(...)

One or both knees. I think the time to do my left knee is rapidly
approaching.

Well, hopefully the left knee is reacting to the overcompensation of
the right leg. For now, I will just get the right knee done and see
if the left leg calms down.

Did you do your right knee? If so, what was the "complete" recover
period? I know I'm in for some major pain for several months of
therapy.

Actually, it is the left knee. Congenitally, I have very little cartilage
under the knee caps and I put a hole in it young. The possibility of
replacement has been around for about 25 years - I've just done my exercises
and worn proper footwear. I'll make an appointment when winter is over to
investigate it.

I'm intentionally doing it during winter so I can be out there in the
spring (if all goes well). I would be happy just to be able to rake,
pull weeds and pile mulch on.

No - while I'd miss spring cleanup, I'd rather be not in a cast/brace during
the snow and ice.

[email protected] 26-12-2007 10:47 PM

What does your garden look like now?

On Dec 14, 7:25*pm, John McGaw wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Mine is mostly covered with the 5-6 inches of snow that fell yesterday. In
a few hours, while I'm waiting at the bus stop, I'll take some shots of the
stuff poking above the snow.

Cheryl

Mostly, things are covered by damp leaves but there are signs of life.
For example I just noticed that the salmon-colored honeysuckle has just
thrown a couple of new flowers. An antique rose I'm trying to preserve
still has green leaves on it. And I saw some sort of very low growing
weed beside the front walk with a tiny yellow flower on it. I wouldn't
be surprised to see the periwinkle start blooming if this keeps up for
much longer. Oh, and I noticed that some of my ferns out back are still
hanging in there although the more tender ones like the "Japanese
painted" have died back normally. If I start seeing crocus and hyacinth
popping up I don't know what I'll do.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]http://johnmcgaw.com