Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tree eradication

SALT

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 05-01-2008, 03:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote in message

"elalamein" wrote in message

Please dont get moralistic over this; believe me this job isn't
something I will relish. However it has to be done. A neighbour has
planted four Poplar trees on his/my boundary fence.

He is an idiot. Poplar trees have only one real use, that is on a farm
out in Kansas to use as a windbreak, planted hundreds of feet from the
house. You really have to get on with killing these things as quick as
you can. These are weeds!

If you know so much about these trees please explain 5 anatomy differences
between the woody root of a poplar and a woody stem of a poplar?

As far as a suggestion -PRAY!!!!!

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

"elalamein" wrote in message

Please dont get moralistic over this; believe me this job isn't
something I will relish. However it has to be done. A neighbour has
planted four Poplar trees on his/my boundary fence.

He is an idiot. Poplar trees have only one real use, that is on a farm
out in Kansas to use as a windbreak, planted hundreds of feet from the
house. You really have to get on with killing these things as quick as
you can. These are weeds!

If you know so much about these trees please explain 5 anatomy differences
between the woody root of a poplar and a woody stem of a poplar?

There are differences?

The only differences I ever saw was the woody root was below the
ground, and the woody stem was above the ground. The second that the
woody root erupted through the surface of the ground (and from what I
saw just about all of the roots did this eventually, or so it seemed) it
immediately
turned into a stem, and a new poplar tree sprang to life. Or it did until I
ran over it with my dad's lawnmower.

There were weekends mowing that lawn that the -only- thing that had
grown during the week was the poplar suckers.

If your such an expert, name 5 things that poplar wood is used for
OTHER than burning or making paper.

Ted

Old 09-01-2008, 08:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"George.com" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"George.com" wrote:

Is there a fence between you & the neighbour? If so, is it low? Does the
fence run alongside a public accessway, footpath etc? How thick are the
saplings?

I am wondering whether in the dead of night you may be able to snap the
*******s off near the base. Do a bit of damage to your garden as well.
You
may need to sacrifice a few plants or damage the odd one that was due to
come out or get pruned back (save doing too much damage your side). Next
morning 'discover' the carnage done to your garden and immediately march
round to confront your neighbour. That will put him on the back foot and
reduce his ability to blame you for snapping his trees.

rob

Another graduate of the Dick Cheney (Lon Chaney?) School of Charm;-)
--

no, I didn't recommend blasting the neighbour in the face during a hunting
trip, merely snapping his trees. Problem with the suggestions posted are the

rob

Oh, what a tangled web you weave, . . .

I'd go for the first idea but leave out the hunting trip and, ask for a
jury of your peers (pet lovers).
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.antiwar.com/eland/index.php?articleid=8282
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...George_W._Bush

[IMG] code is On

Eradication of Ivy Jo[_5_] United Kingdom 6 19-04-2011 01:17 PM
Snail eradication? Hal Ponds 13 10-05-2006 01:59 PM
Slug / Snail eradication suggestions? Carl Beyer Ponds 9 07-07-2005 05:13 PM
Bindi eradication/control supajosh Australia 9 29-06-2005 11:01 AM