Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered User

Default Tiny little purple balls

Hello there,

I would really really like to be able to find out what this plant is called - my partner and I were walking in Hampshire, in the south of England and we spotted this unusual little plant that appeared to be growing out of someone's front garden.

I will try my best to attach pictures but so far its not letting me.

The colour of the flowers on this plant are really unique and rare - they are a gorgeous metallic shade of purple and they come in tiny clusters of balls. The stem is a light woody colour and there is no foliage with this plant - they resemble slightly misletoe but mistletoe has leaves generally, which is not the case with this rare plant.

Please help! Any sort of clue would be wonderful - I have searched high and low and nothing has come up.

Many thanks..

Christelle
Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Christelle expounded:

I will try my best to attach pictures but so far its not letting me.

post your picture over in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens and many of us
will be able to see it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 1$B7n(B10$BF|(B, $B8aA0(B2:59, Christelle
wrote:
[...]

Is it what you saw in Hampshire?
http://www.3d-picture.com/media/diar...shikiu400a.jpg
If that is the case, its 'murasakishikibu' or Japanese beautyberry
(Callicarpa japonica Thumb) .
The fruits would stay as it is after all the leaves are gone.
i guess you might saw it with no leaves.
If my brain cells have been activated properly,
i may have hit the mark.grin

Ono