Old 06-02-2008, 06:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default warmer weather!

Hey Y'all!
How is everyone's weather today? It's 79 degrees right now, and the nice
weather really has me in the gardening mood today! Too bad it's still to
early in the year for much planting around here. It's a beautiful day
for it. I'm thinking on going out in a bit and washing the van, but we
are actually expected to have some rain storms tonight. Oh, well!
Just thought I'd check in!
Rachael
aka
~Rae
Old 06-02-2008, 07:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

rachael simpson wrote:
Hey Y'all!
How is everyone's weather today? It's 79 degrees right now, and the nice
weather really has me in the gardening mood today! Too bad it's still to
early in the year for much planting around here. It's a beautiful day
for it. I'm thinking on going out in a bit and washing the van, but we
are actually expected to have some rain storms tonight. Oh, well!
Just thought I'd check in!
Rachael
aka
~Rae

Weather here was nice and cozy for a while.. Cold front blew in though
so it's cold, rainy and windy as crud.. At least the tornado warnings
are gone for now.

Scott--
Old 08-02-2008, 01:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Feb 6, 10:36 am, rachael simpson
wrote:
Hey Y'all!
How is everyone's weather today? It's 79 degrees right now, and the nice
weather really has me in the gardening mood today! Too bad it's still to
early in the year for much planting around here. It's a beautiful day
for it. I'm thinking on going out in a bit and washing the van, but we
are actually expected to have some rain storms tonight. Oh, well!
Just thought I'd check in!
Rachael
aka
~Rae

Hi Rae
79 deg. would indeed make anyone want to go out and plant!
We have just gotten up to 60 here. But I have been doing lots
of cleaning up and pruning. Started tomato seeds, which are up
and growing now. (inside).
The nights are warmer, in the 40s which is nice. Probably will
not have much more hard frost. I hope.
Good to hear that you are still around

Emilie
NorCal
Old 08-02-2008, 04:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Hmmm ....
I am almost knee deep in snow in SE Michigan 27 degrees. Got 8 inches of
the white stuff yesterday. Still dreaming of spring Hmmmm ....
Enjoy the warmth .... Dan

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default warmer weather!/Emilie

mleblanca wrote:

Hi Rae
79 deg. would indeed make anyone want to go out and plant!
We have just gotten up to 60 here. But I have been doing lots
of cleaning up and pruning. Started tomato seeds, which are up
and growing now. (inside).
The nights are warmer, in the 40s which is nice. Probably will
not have much more hard frost. I hope.
Good to hear that you are still around

Emilie
NorCal

Hi Emilie!
Thanks, I've been lurking around when I have the time. The little ones
are keeping me busy as ever these days! I can't wait to get some seeds
started....just don't have a place to start them in the house, and most
places in the yard aren't safe either thanks to our assortment of
animals running around. I generally just sow directly in the garden, no
transplanting. Makes for slower harvests, but it's what works for us
now. When the kids are older or when things pick up with farming
(whichever comes first! lol!) I want to have a "plant area" in the
house, and hopefully a greenhouse outside. Temperatures still fluctuate
quite a bit, but still strange weather for us around here the past year!
It's 59 degrees now, expected to stay about that into the middle of next
week, but weather forecast changes from breakfast to supper here! These
so called weather experts on TV sure don't know much. I guess they think
that by changing it so often, they are sure to get one forecast right by
the time that day gets here. Crazy, huh? What type of tomato seeds did
you plant? I'm thinking of experimenting this year...plant some
different stuff. Well, I hear the littlest one stirring, her nap time is
over I guess!
~Rae

Old 10-02-2008, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Feb 8, 12:02 pm, rachael simpson raeannsimp...@intrstar.

[...]

Well we made it up to 66 today. Low last night was 34; 32 deg
difference
I usually start things inside because the slugs/snails just love a
newly
germinating seed snack. I don't grow a big veg garden-sometimes just a
few tomatoes. There are only 2 of us so don't need many plants. This
year Parks Whopper, Beefy Boy and Sweet 100 will do it. Also have
some Walla Walla onions going and some spinach.There will be a FEW
squash. I'm also starting a some Jalapeno and Cayenne peppers for
son's garden. I start them in yogurt cups on top of the frig.and then
on the
south window sill for sun when they're up and growing.

We took a drive out to Black Butte Lake, took lunch, did some birding,
went for a short hike, and picked up aluminum cans ( it's a little gas
money)
After getting home I cut back all the ornamental grasses. Got to do it
_before_ it starts putting out new growth!! Not fun to be too late
with that job.
Willows are looking very yellow-green and almond blossoms will be
popping open very soon.
Emilie
NorCal

Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Feb 8, 8:53 am, "Dan L." wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Oh, it was so nice to go hiking and birding today with just a sweater
instead of
a heavy old coat hat and gloves. We could look up and see the
mountains with
about 10 feet of snow........beautiful when you don't have to be IN
it!
Hang on. Spring is on her way!
The almond blossoms will soon be out. The orchards are Full of downed
trees
that have been cut up. Firewood will be cheap this year.
Emilie
NorCal
Old 10-02-2008, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Feb 9, 7:17 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"mleblanca" wrote in message

On Feb 8, 8:53 am, "Dan L." wrote:
In article
,

mleblanca wrote:
On Feb 6, 10:36 am, rachael simpson
wrote:

snipped
Hang on. Spring is on her way!
Emilie
NorCal

Hot dang. 55/35 today. It's warming up!

Steve, in extreme SW Utah.

Fantastic!! It sure feels good doesnt it.
(But watch out, Spring has her bag of little "jokes"
she likes to play)
Southern Utah: beautiful country. Want to get back
to Capitol Reef soon.......
Emilie

Old 13-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered User

Location: Bromley, Kent

Well seems we are heading that way to! lucky devils!