Old 21-02-2003, 05:15 AM
info

Default how can i kill rye grass??

my St Augustine was in very bad shape so i decide to throw some Rye seeds in
between , well, the results were great , an my grass is now very clean

bad news: i received a letter from my home owner association saying that Rye
is not allowed and St Augustine is the only one allowed and i have to get
rid of it in 3 weeks

if i use grass killer, it will them both, but can i buy some st Augustine
after that and plant it, or will every grass planted abov e the sprayed area
will die???

i am in Tampa, FL

Old 21-02-2003, 05:27 AM
Kyle Boatright

Ask THEM for a suggested method. I can't think of one, other than allowing
warm (and possibly dry) weather to do in the rye grass. Annual rye (that is
what you planted, right?) absolutely doesn't like hot, dry weather.

Tell 'em you didn't know the rule, but the rye will die this spring/summer
and you won't make the same mistake again. That might satisfy them.

As a last resort, most homeowner's groups have very limited powers and you
can stall them for quite a while until the weather takes care of the problem
for you. Ask for a hearing to discuss the issue. Push the hearing date
back as far as you can. At the hearing, ask for a long time (months) to
correct the situation. If you can stall them a few months, annual rye will
disappear on its own accord.

KB

IF

Old 21-02-2003, 05:40 AM
Starlord

Your HOA are a bunch of ASSHOLES.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com

"info" wrote in message
my St Augustine was in very bad shape so i decide to throw some Rye seeds in
between , well, the results were great , an my grass is now very clean

bad news: i received a letter from my home owner association saying that Rye
is not allowed and St Augustine is the only one allowed and i have to get
rid of it in 3 weeks

if i use grass killer, it will them both, but can i buy some st Augustine
after that and plant it, or will every grass planted abov e the sprayed area
will die???

i am in Tampa, FL

---

Old 02-03-2003, 05:27 PM
George D

Kyle Boatright wrote:

Ask THEM for a suggested method. I can't think of one, other than allowing
warm (and possibly dry) weather to do in the rye grass. Annual rye (that is
what you planted, right?) absolutely doesn't like hot, dry weather.

Tell 'em you didn't know the rule, but the rye will die this spring/summer
and you won't make the same mistake again. That might satisfy them.

As a last resort, most homeowner's groups have very limited powers and you
can stall them for quite a while until the weather takes care of the problem
for you. Ask for a hearing to discuss the issue. Push the hearing date
back as far as you can. At the hearing, ask for a long time (months) to
correct the situation. If you can stall them a few months, annual rye will
disappear on its own accord.

Just don't let it seed. I have rye grass every winter in parts of my yard and every bit of it is
volunteer.
--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

The reward for a good deed is to have done it.

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:52 AM
Beecrofter

Kill it all, hit it with roundup and let the entire lawn go dead.
Then wait until you get a letter telling you to replant.
Claim you followed their orders.
I bet you can make it take a year to grow back.
Might as well train the HOA not to screw with you.
Smile agree make the motions blame the weather the seed and etc

Old 03-03-2003, 04:29 AM
Anonymo421

Kill it all, hit it with roundup and let the entire lawn go dead.
Then wait until you get a letter telling you to replant.
Claim you followed their orders.
I bet you can make it take a year to grow back.
Might as well train the HOA not to screw with you.
Smile agree make the motions blame the weather the seed and etc

Better yet, check the bylaws for dissolution procedures. I'm sure you have
enough ****ed off neighbors to get rid of the HOA. All they do is make
neighborhoods look like tract housing, well, that and interfere with people's
quiet use and enjoyment of their own property.

--
The US government wants the power to read citizens' email, but refuses to
defend the nation's borders. What's wrong with this picture?
Old 03-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Beecrofter wrote:

Kill it all, hit it with roundup and let the entire lawn go dead.
Then wait until you get a letter telling you to replant.
Claim you followed their orders.
I bet you can make it take a year to grow back.
Might as well train the HOA not to screw with you.
Smile agree make the motions blame the weather the seed and etc

Reseed as a wildflower meadow. Install a birdhouse, then register the
parcel with the National Audubon Society as a bird sanctuary. Any
complaints, write the local papers. Make lots of noise about how
your town's songbirds are federally protected, etc.

[IMG] code is On

To Rye or not to rye, this is the question Art Vega Texas 9 02-11-2004 04:26 PM
overseeding winter rye grass jeff harrison Gardening 0 14-04-2004 03:33 AM
Rye grass? Texas 2 17-09-2003 02:36 AM
Changing over from Winter Rye Grass Vicky Lawns 1 09-05-2003 01:32 AM
Planting Winter Rye Grass Paul W. Campbell Lawns 1 05-05-2003 11:57 PM