GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vole control (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/171872-vole-control.html)

Paul W. Paulsen 14-03-2008 07:17 PM

Vole control

Hi
North of Chicago here and the snow is FINALLY melting away.
Much to my surpise I have found voles in my yard and making a mess.
Any easy solutions to getting rid of them?
Thanks for your advice.
Paul

Bill[_13_] 14-03-2008 07:27 PM

Vole control

In article ,
"Paul W. Paulsen" wrote:

Hi
North of Chicago here and the snow is FINALLY melting away.
Much to my surpise I have found voles in my yard and making a mess.
Any easy solutions to getting rid of them?
Thanks for your advice.
Paul

I use physical wire barriers. Once had a important young dogwood
Kousa knurled down to a spear point. Stuck it in the ground and tamped
the soil along with wire fence and it came back. Gave it TLC too.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

symplastless 15-03-2008 02:04 AM

Vole control

maybe if you brought in some nurse logs in an area they would stay there?

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...ler/index.html

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.