Old 31-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Registered User

Default jelly blobs with yellow eggs...

I've found a mass of jelly blobs with what looks like yellow eggs in them in the patch of earth next to our pond - i've no idea what they are but they look like they could cause trouble if they hatch.

Does anyone have any idea what they could be and how to get rid of them? We had a huge snail infestation last summer - could they be snail eggs??
Old 31-03-2008, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Bootfit wrote:
I've found a mass of jelly blobs with what looks like yellow eggs in
them in the patch of earth next to our pond - i've no idea what they
are but they look like they could cause trouble if they hatch.

Does anyone have any idea what they could be and how to get rid of
them? We had a huge snail infestation last summer - could they be snail
eggs??

Sounds like amphibian eggs of some sort: frog, toad, salamander? I really
doubt that they are snail eggs.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]