GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fertilizer for ornamental grasses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/173208-fertilizer-ornamental-grasses.html)

[email protected] 19-04-2008 02:32 AM

Fertilizer for ornamental grasses

We have these tall ornamental grasses in the backyard which we trim
each year. What type of fertilizer if any should we use? I mulch
around them each spring, and they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Thanks

Tom

shahwin 19-04-2008 09:20 AM

Fertilizer for ornamental grasses

On Apr 19, 6:32*am, "
wrote:
We have these tall ornamental grasses in the backyard which we trim
each year. What type of fertilizer if any should we use? I mulch
around them each spring, and they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Thanks

Tom

Use Organic Fertilizer, we have in stock
reply email

beecrofter[_2_] 20-04-2008 07:55 PM

Fertilizer for ornamental grasses

On Apr 18, 9:32*pm, "
wrote:
We have these tall ornamental grasses in the backyard which we trim
each year. What type of fertilizer if any should we use? I mulch
around them each spring, and they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Thanks

Tom

Top dress them with some sifted compost, most are just fine in soils
of average fertility.
If you decide to give them any fertilizer do it sparingly as lusg
green growth tends to be soft and fall over.