GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sprouts withering and dying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/173533-sprouts-withering-dying.html)

Jeff Rodriguez 25-04-2008 09:51 PM

Sprouts withering and dying

I've sprouted a few things (tomatoes, pinto beans, carrots) in plastic
bags on a wet paper towel. If they go dry for just a day they more or
less die.

The plants I've sprouted outside in the ground from seed are FAR more
hardy. They're significantly more green, and can go for several days
without watering.

Do you think this is a matter of lack of sunlight, too much water, or
both?

bungadora 26-04-2008 04:06 PM

Sprouts withering and dying

On Apr 25, 2:51*pm, Jeff Rodriguez
wrote:
I've sprouted a few things (tomatoes, pinto beans, carrots) in plastic
bags on a wet paper towel. If they go dry for just a day they more or
less die.

You plant them in soil after they sprout, right?
Dora