Old 23-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Penny S.

Default need some soil amendment advice, I think. UPDATE

here's an update anyway. I was working on the bank this weekend all already
the dead root/thatch clumps are breaking down, so we've decided to do a
universal application of a compost rich premium topsoil mix.

www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

As I work the soil in places there are plenty of worms and other visible
critters so I know I didn't sterilize it with roundup application last
season.

I"m not thrilled about using chemicals but when you have as large as area
as we did that was undergrown with escaped lawngrass.,... yes, under the
junipers, thick as a lawn in some places, we felt it was our only option
other than removing the soil with heavy equipment. Now we are just spot
treating as little shoots try and re-establish themselves. Fortunately
there's only one small area where this needs to be done.

Our planting plans are for mostly things like flowering ground covers and
lower type rock garden plants

penny s

Old 24-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Frogleg

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:21:54 -0700, "Penny S."
wrote:

[...]

Oh, drat. I looked at your image and was imagining it filled with
heaps of flowers -- tallish ones at the top, and low-growing
ground-coverish at the bottom. Are you sure you won't reconsider? :-)