GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rosemary/White/Foamish/PeaSize?????? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/173607-rosemary-white-foamish-peasize.html)

ront2 28-04-2008 03:13 AM

Rosemary/White/Foamish/PeaSize??????

In our rosemary plants and some of the other plants, we have this
white, shaving cream feel, pea size substance that is spread
throughout at least a dozen locations in the plant. We live in a
desert area (Henderson,NV), and it is now spring time.
Might it be a larva of some kind?
How do we treat it, if necessary?
Thanks,
Ron )

Billy[_4_] 28-04-2008 07:11 AM

Rosemary/White/Foamish/PeaSize??????

In article
,
ront2 wrote:

In our rosemary plants and some of the other plants, we have this
white, shaving cream feel, pea size substance that is spread
throughout at least a dozen locations in the plant. We live in a
desert area (Henderson,NV), and it is now spring time.
Might it be a larva of some kind?
How do we treat it, if necessary?
Thanks,
Ron )

I have no idea what it is but it is totally benign. Hose it off if it
bothers you. It has never bothered my rosemary in thirty years.
--

Billy
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0s...eature=related

Andrew Ostrander 28-04-2008 01:40 PM

Rosemary/White/Foamish/PeaSize??????

It sounds to me as though you have a few spit bugs. I don't have any garden
advice about them, buy you can google them now.

Andrew