GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   GRRR @#$%& (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/173775-re-grrr-%40-%24%25.html)

snotbottom 02-05-2008 09:58 PM

GRRR @#$%&

You can also take cuttings from any of the tomatoes that survived to
propagate them... The cuttings usually only wind up a couple of days
behind the parent plant at maturity.

Cheers!
Paul

On May 1, 4:26 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 4/30/08 11:55 PM, in article
, "MajorOz"

wrote:
I have had tomato, pepper, and selected "other" seedlings in a roll-
around, zip-up-the-side shelved tent. About 120 or so cups of
seedlings. Today, while I was working in the barn, the tent, which I
had rolled out on the deck to get sun, got blown over, scattering
cups, soil, seedlings, etc. I salvaged about half of the peppers,
some cukes, but hardly any tomatoes.
I am ****ed.
But............
I have about half a packet each of the tomatoes, as I intended to do
some direct seeding as an experiment. Looks like they will be the
bulk of this year's crop. I guess I will even hold my nose and go get
some nursery seedlings. Maybe I will transplant some of the
volunteers that I usually weed out.

cheers, anyway

oz

Grumbling for you! what a PITA. BUT, I'd try a few quick starts and direct
seeds. Maybe you can find a nursery with interesting tomatoes.
Cheryl