Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

Default Does your garden faucet have hot as well as cold water?

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:16 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

On May 6, 7:55*am, Newbie wrote:

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

winter water is a bad idea in northern illinois UNLESS you have a
"PARK MODEL"...you gotta wrap the standpipe and then you gotta wrap
the supply line...leave the spigot cracked - etc...not worth the
trouple

--
hth
Old 06-05-2008, 05:32 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
max max is offline

In article , Newbie
wrote:

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck. This is yet
another example of the shithead Gracious Living virus.

--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

In article
,
peteinchicago wrote:

On May 6, 7:55*am, Newbie wrote:

[...]

Sorry pete, but all you need in northern illinois is freeze-proof
faucets. ANY home center or plumbing supply has them.

--
Jim
Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

who the **** are you?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:16 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

On May 6, 8:36*am, Jim wrote:

Sorry pete, but all you need in northern illinois is freeze-proof
faucets. ANY home center or plumbing supply has them.

--
Jim

thank you jim
i stand improved...or malproved - misproved - nonproved...whatever
Old 06-05-2008, 06:23 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

On 2008-05-06, max wrote:
In article , Newbie
wrote:

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck. This is yet
another example of the shithead Gracious Living virus.

Hot water is nice for washing a car on a cold day.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:25 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

When I want hot water I let the black hose lie about in the sun.
Frivolous as I am I pour that hot water about so as not boil my plants.

Bill who has thought about jumping through the ice after sauna.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...d+water+baths&
ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Old 06-05-2008, 06:27 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

In article ,

On 2008-05-06, max wrote:
In article , Newbie
wrote:

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck. This is yet
another example of the shithead Gracious Living virus.

Hot water is nice for washing a car on a cold day.

My 1994 corolla was washed once.

Bill whose son did it.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 06-05-2008, 07:16 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

On May 6, 9:37*am, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:

Huh?

THAT'S what i say

--
newbie's been carrying that newbie bit...a bit long now
Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

Newbie wrote:
I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

Seems like unnecessary added expense. Probably a more expensive
faucet, and you'd need to run both hot and cold pipes. If you need hot
(car seems like a better need), just run the hose from the laundry room
like you do now.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
max max is offline

In article ,

On 2008-05-06, max wrote:
In article , Newbie
wrote:

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck. This is yet
another example of the shithead Gracious Living virus.

Hot water is nice for washing a car on a cold day.

my driveway drains into the foxx river, so i only go to car washes and
listen to Rose Royce.

..max

Old 06-05-2008, 09:00 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

Geoff Gass wrote:

: Seems like unnecessary added expense. Probably a more expensive
: faucet, and you'd need to run both hot and cold pipes. If you need hot
: (car seems like a better need), just run the hose from the laundry room
: like you do now.

Great suggestion, because I may not feel the need and it would be rare
at best. As for the cost, the faucet was about 2x, there will be 2x
pipes etc, so yes basically double.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:49 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

On May 6, 10:55�am, Newbie wrote:
I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

The hose bib alongside my garage supplies "tempered" water, adjusted
by a mixing valve in the basement... the last owner plowed nearby
driveways with a tractor in winter and so having a supply of tepid
water in winter came in handy to wash off road salt. I don't see any
use for it in warm weather.

[IMG] code is On

Cold, Cold, Cold Dave Hill United Kingdom 18 12-12-2010 02:29 PM
Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 12:38 PM
hot water recirculator, instant hot water but not a water heating unit, saves water, gas, time, mchiper Lawns 0 01-09-2003 11:22 PM
hot water recirculator, instant hot water but not a water heating unit, saves water, gas, time, mone [email protected] Lawns 0 24-08-2003 11:43 AM