GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identify these dense shrubs, used as a hedge? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/174123-identify-these-dense-shrubs-used-hedge.html)

ncstockguy 09-05-2008 03:08 PM

Identify these dense shrubs, used as a hedge?

We noticed some really dense shrubs forming a hedge about 8 feet tall
at the beach near Wilmington, NC. I believe I have seen them in
other places, especially around government parking lots.
Very curious what they might be. I am sure some of the plant experts
on here will know.
Photos are he
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...nt-2-beach.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...lina-beach.jpg

Bill[_13_] 09-05-2008 03:59 PM

Identify these dense shrubs, used as a hedge?

In article
,
ncstockguy wrote:

We noticed some really dense shrubs forming a hedge about 8 feet tall
at the beach near Wilmington, NC. I believe I have seen them in
other places, especially around government parking lots.
Very curious what they might be. I am sure some of the plant experts
on here will know.
Photos are he
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...nt-2-beach.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...lina-beach.jpg

Take a look at http://www.scnps.org/plantid.html

I'd hazard a guess it is related to laurel.

More below

http://www.scnps.org/links.html By states.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

beccabunga 10-05-2008 03:42 AM

Eleagnus x ebbingei - which is a salt-resistant plant and can be grown in almost any conditions.

ncstockguy 12-05-2008 06:09 PM

Identify these dense shrubs, used as a hedge?

Anyone know if Eleagnus x ebbingei is an invasive?

Eleagnus x ebbingei - which is a salt-resistant plant and can be grown
in almost any conditions.

--
beccabunga