Old 13-05-2008, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Garden Fence

Fellow gardeners, listen up. It appears que le bonne temps va
rouler. Our much maligned "weather guesser" is predicting that
the "Left Coast" will be in the 80's tomorrow and pushing at 100F by
thursday. If the past is any indication, the Mid-West is five days
away from a heat wave. Enjoy the drizzle and overcast while you
can, and get ready to "RUMBLE", er . . . garden, a last))
--

Billy
Old 14-05-2008, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On May 13, 10:43 am, Billy wrote:
Fellow gardeners, listen up. It appears que le bonne temps va
rouler. Our much maligned "weather guesser" is predicting that
the "Left Coast" will be in the 80's tomorrow and pushing at 100F by
thursday. If the past is any indication, the Mid-West is five days
away from a heat wave. Enjoy the drizzle and overcast while you
can, and get ready to "RUMBLE", er . . . garden, a last))

....'bout damn time....

The local shamans (shamen?) have said that, after three to five inches
of rain Thursday (in an area where a spilled glass of water causes
flooding problems), we are in for FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS OF SUNSHINE.
I have the feeling that, with double the normal rainfall since
Thanxgiving, the ground has compacted, so that, with sunshine, it
should harden into concrete. I have a feeling that my tiller (and I)
will be busy almost all season.
But, mayhap I can mow the two ft. high weeds that cover the
plantation. There has not been enough drying time between floods to
mow all this spring. Thank the FSM that my early crops are easy to
find in 30 in. raised beds.

cheers

oz, changing oil, gapping points, and flushing fuel tanks

P.S. I found some heirloom seedling to replace the ones that blew
away during the last near tornado.