Old 23-05-2008, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Where can I find mowers that can mow taller?

I'm looking to buy a self-propelled mulcher mower that can be set to cut
the grass much higher than regular mowers, like maybe 4-5" tall?

Who makes something decent in that?

Old 23-05-2008, 12:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 22 May 2008 18:21:31 -0500, Sarah Houston
wrote:

I'm looking to buy a self-propelled mulcher mower that can be set to cut
the grass much higher than regular mowers, like maybe 4-5" tall?

Who makes something decent in that?

I have a Toro and it mows at 4", although I usually keep it at 3.5"
for tall fescue.
Old 23-05-2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Sarah Houston" wrote in message
. 97.142...
I'm looking to buy a self-propelled mulcher mower that can be set to cut
the grass much higher than regular mowers, like maybe 4-5" tall?

Who makes something decent in that?

Good for you. I've got the beginner's John Deere, always set to the highest
setting (4"). All around me are lawns cut to resemble AstroTurf carpet, cut
too short, and all with that dried hay look. My own lawn is taller and lush,
and gets cut just as often as those others.

dwight
www.tfrog.com

Old 24-05-2008, 02:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Sarah Houston wrote:

I'm looking to buy a self-propelled mulcher mower that can be set to cut
the grass much higher than regular mowers, like maybe 4-5" tall?

Who makes something decent in that?

I don't know what changing height does to the mulching action, but if you
can't find one easily I'd think any handy mechanic should be able to
relocate the wheels or change to larger ones without too much problem.

[IMG] code is On

Where can I find mowers that can mow taller? Sarah Houston Lawns 9 26-05-2008 08:08 PM
Mow, mow, mow Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 19-05-2007 04:10 AM
spinach standing taller--bolting? DigitalVinyl Gardening 3 09-06-2005 01:42 AM
Looking for a taller, cascading annual Polly Purebred Gardening 5 22-04-2005 07:21 PM
To mow or not to mow snafu Gardening 9 26-09-2004 01:05 PM