GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Name of low-growing ground cover with bird-of-paradise looking flowers? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/175007-name-low-growing-ground-cover-bird-paradise-looking-flowers.html)

fpbear 25-05-2008 04:35 AM

Name of low-growing ground cover with bird-of-paradise looking flowers?

I'm looking for the name of a low-growing groundcover that has unique
looking little flowers that resemble the flowers of the much larger bird of
paradise plant. I have seen this in an orange/red variety and a yellow
variety here in Southern California. It is drought tolerant. They don't
get more than a few inches tall, and slowly spread horizontally. The leaves
are gray/green and thin, maybe it is a succulent. The flowers are really
neat looking but I'm having a tricky time trying to fine the name of this
plant so I can find out more.