GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rhubarb leaves as slug deterent (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/17513-rhubarb-leaves-slug-deterent.html)

glyn 24-04-2003 08:20 PM

Rhubarb leaves as slug deterent

I have heard that diluted liquid from boiled rhubarb leaves is an
effective deterent against slug damage in the vegetable garden. Has
anyone any information please

Bob 24-04-2003 09:32 PM

Rhubarb leaves as slug deterent

"glyn" wrote in message
om...
I have heard that diluted liquid from boiled rhubarb leaves is an
effective deterent against slug damage in the vegetable garden. Has
anyone any information please

The way the slugs eat my rhubarb leaves makes me doubt it. It is, I've read,
a good anti fungal spray.

Bob

glyn 27-04-2003 04:32 PM

Rhubarb leaves as slug deterent

"Bob" wrote in message news:cLXpa.608103$L1.172347@sccrnsc02...
"glyn" wrote in message
om...
I have heard that diluted liquid from boiled rhubarb leaves is an
effective deterent against slug damage in the vegetable garden. Has
anyone any information please

The way the slugs eat my rhubarb leaves makes me doubt it. It is, I've read,
a good anti fungal spray.

Bob

Shows I should not accept all that the lady wife tells me. Thanks for
the input which confirms my thinking

Glyn