GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   newspaper pots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/175283-newspaper-pots.html)

agentelrond 01-06-2008 01:54 PM

newspaper pots

has anybody ever tried to mske plantpots for seeds out of newspaper. i have downloaded a how to guide but before i try to make them i wanted to know if anybody had used this technique

Bill[_13_] 01-06-2008 02:55 PM

newspaper pots

In article ,
agentelrond wrote:

has anybody ever tried to mske plantpots for seeds out of newspaper. i
have downloaded a how to guide but before i try to make them i wanted
to know if anybody had used this technique

http://groups.google.com/groups?clie...newspaper%20po
ts&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wg

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org/

Val 01-06-2008 04:50 PM

newspaper pots

"agentelrond" wrote in message

has anybody ever tried to mske plantpots for seeds out of newspaper. i
have downloaded a how to guide but before i try to make them i wanted
to know if anybody had used this technique

I've been making my starter pot out of newspaper for over twenty years. I
think it works great.

Val

Eggs Zachtly 01-06-2008 05:33 PM

newspaper pots

Val said:

"agentelrond" wrote in message

has anybody ever tried to mske plantpots for seeds out of newspaper. i
have downloaded a how to guide but before i try to make them i wanted
to know if anybody had used this technique

I've been making my starter pot out of newspaper for over twenty years. I
think it works great.

I read your previous post about doing that, and can't wait until next year.
=) We received several flats this year in what appears to be unbleached
paper towels rolled up in the same manner. I like the simplicity as well as
the reduced stress on the plants at transplant time. IOW, I'm quite sold on
the idea. Thanks!
--

Eggs

A hen is an egg's way of making another egg.

agentelrond 01-06-2008 11:19 PM

thanx i will now give them a try for sure