GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Problems with Olive Trees and Star Jasmine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/175290-problems-olive-trees-star-jasmine.html)

DLH 01-06-2008 06:09 PM

Problems with Olive Trees and Star Jasmine

My Star Jasmine has hundreds of small black mites (aphids?) custering around the buds, any ideas what I should do? Are they dangerous to the plant?

Also, my olive trees have a kind of white floss substance nestled between some of the leaves and stems. In the middle of the floss, there are small, lightly coloured organisms which I think are developing into small insects? Again, any ideas what these organisms are or what I should do?

DLH