GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Quick connect systems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/175499-quick-connect-systems.html)

Ajanta 03-06-2008 08:45 PM

Quick connect systems

Extreme newbie gardener here...

I have been thinking about Gardena equipment for my new lawn and
garden. However, it does feel plastic and I realize that what attracted
me to them was their "quick connect" system.

Recently someone told me that you can buy quick connect systems on
their own. If so, that would free me up from one vendor and I could mix
and match stuff. If the quick connect system is available in metal,
that would be another attraction.

Anyway, I don't know enough to ask intelligent questions. But please
recommend the quick connect systems that you believe to be the best or
best-value in the market. (Need to connect one faucet, a couple of
hoses, a couple of nozzles and sprinklers.)

Thanks.

Bill[_13_] 03-06-2008 09:00 PM

Quick connect systems

In article ,
Ajanta wrote:

Extreme newbie gardener here...

I have been thinking about Gardena equipment for my new lawn and
garden. However, it does feel plastic and I realize that what attracted
me to them was their "quick connect" system.

Recently someone told me that you can buy quick connect systems on
their own. If so, that would free me up from one vendor and I could mix
and match stuff. If the quick connect system is available in metal,
that would be another attraction.

Anyway, I don't know enough to ask intelligent questions. But please
recommend the quick connect systems that you believe to be the best or
best-value in the market. (Need to connect one faucet, a couple of
hoses, a couple of nozzles and sprinklers.)

Thanks.

I use gardena it does what I want. My dad has almost identical ease of
use with copper or is it bronze fittings. Aside from O ring failure
I've been able to play in my garden with out too much annual repair.
Left a water wand out one cold late fall night a big No No.

Just set up my eldest this AM at here new place with gardena.

Gilmore has similar but I'm ignorant of the product.

Bill

Ps A visit to a plumbing supply and asking what can be done may be
worth your time.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org/

FarmI 04-06-2008 06:15 AM

Quick connect systems

"Ajanta" wrote in message

I have been thinking about Gardena equipment for my new lawn and
garden. However, it does feel plastic and I realize that what attracted
me to them was their "quick connect" system.

"Neta" make brass fitting that have the same click-clack connector system as
the Gardena products

Recently someone told me that you can buy quick connect systems on
their own. If so, that would free me up from one vendor and I could mix
and match stuff. If the quick connect system is available in metal,
that would be another attraction.

Here in Australia I can buy both brass and plastic fittings seperately and
from a number of suppliers that also range in price.

Anyway, I don't know enough to ask intelligent questions. But please
recommend the quick connect systems that you believe to be the best or
best-value in the market. (Need to connect one faucet, a couple of
hoses, a couple of nozzles and sprinklers.)

First of all, decide what dimension of hose you will use (I use both 12mm
and 18mm - I think this translates into half inch and threequarters of an
inch). If I am buying a new hose, I then need to figure out how long I want
and then whether I an going to buy it with the fittings or without. I also
have a few of the click clack hose joiners lying aroudn in both 12 and 18mm
size for when I need to hose in the far distant corners of my big garden.
HTH