GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   harvesting turnip seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/175500-harvesting-turnip-seeds.html)

Jerry[_3_] 03-06-2008 11:20 PM

harvesting turnip seeds

I have "7 Top" turnip greens that are producing seeds right now. (The plant
has two phases.)

How do I gather the seeds to use for planting where I want them?

I can pull off the pods, but the seeds aren't 100% ready yet. But if I wait
for the pods to dry and then naturally open, then the tiny seeds are gone. Thanks.

Bill[_13_] 03-06-2008 11:30 PM

harvesting turnip seeds

In article , Jerry wrote:

I have "7 Top" turnip greens that are producing seeds right now. (The plant
has two phases.)

How do I gather the seeds to use for planting where I want them?

I can pull off the pods, but the seeds aren't 100% ready yet. But if I wait
for the pods to dry and then naturally open, then the tiny seeds are gone.
Thanks.

Here is a booklet dealing with perhaps your request.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/p...earch&search=s
eed%2bbook&item=9877

Bill

--