GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My pot plants don't look very happy. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/175659-my-pot-plants-dont-look-very-happy.html)

BigKev 08-06-2008 08:37 PM

My pot plants don't look very happy.

I have some pots on my patio with various plants in.

Many of the plants are looking sad. The flowers are opening but are brown, limp and soggy.

Osteospermum for example.

We have had LOTS of rain recently. approx 1 inch (25mm) per day for about a week.

Could it be that the plants are simply over watered?

I guess I need to dead head and hope better flowers come through. WOuld that be the best plan of action.

bullthistle 08-06-2008 09:21 PM

I presume you have drainage holes so yes it could be too much rain and not enough sun. You may want to prune back some growth besides deadheading and see if that perks them up.

http://propagatingperennials.blogspot.com

Coffee's For Closers 10-06-2008 12:35 AM

My pot plants don't look very happy.

In article ,
says...

I guess I need to dead head and hope better flowers
come through.

Pot plants don't like being around deadheads and other
flower-power hippies. Because they are afraid of smoked.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

z 10-06-2008 08:49 PM

My pot plants don't look very happy.

pot plants looking unhappy isn't a serious problem. pot plants
whispering to you that they're unhappy and telling you what to do is.

Bill[_13_] 10-06-2008 09:31 PM

My pot plants don't look very happy.

In article
,
z wrote:

pot plants looking unhappy isn't a serious problem. pot plants
whispering to you that they're unhappy and telling you what to do is.

Flash back...

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Life-Pl.../0060915870/re
f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213129524&sr=1-1

Bill who thinks just as long as your plant's don't yell "Feed Me !!!"

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org/

BigKev 12-06-2008 02:23 PM

Thanks for your input - I think.

The flowers look much better after a couple of dry days and the fairies have come back.

They tell me to kill women and when I do they reward me with music and lights in my head.